GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lifted 2WD
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my truck yesterday and took a couple pictures of it really quick before it went to its new owner. I miss the truck but I bought it in february of 09 with 26,000 miles on it and sold it yesterday with 57,000 miles on it for $2k more than i bought it for so i really can't complain :endofshow

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0117-1.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
You modify stuff with the expectation that you'll never get your money back that you put into it. :imo

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
would have made more if the back bumper was raised.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Damn, that's a clean truck. So many people selling their trucks.

·
Lifted 2WD
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought it modded. Had the lift, 20" rims, toyo mt's, and a system. It got stolen in 09 then it was recovered and I got new rims, tires, and a new system and insurance covered most of it. Payed only 700 out of pocket. The only other mods I did were just little things here and there. Regardless, it's amazing that I was able to own it for two years and double the mileage and sell it for more than I bought it for. And you really can't expect to get money back from modding.

·
Lifted 2WD
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With a BL the bumper stays in place while the bed goes up, so the bumper could move up the same distance as the BL.

It's just a small thing most people don't notice.

*EDIT: It was a nice truck, by the way. What are you replacing it with?
The bumper was raised. Look again. I had a HD hitch with 1" spacers. :read:

And as for it's replacement, I'm not quite sure yet although I do know it won't be a gmfs. I am going to look at a couple vehicles tomorrow though.:secret:

·
Sierra Owner
348 Posts
Looks off to me. Anyway, nice kill on the sell. Good luck with the next purchase.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The bumper was raised. Look again. I had a HD hitch with 1" spacers. :read:

And as for it's replacement, I'm not quite sure yet although I do know it won't be a gmfs. I am going to look at a couple vehicles tomorrow though.:secret:
Is that a 3" body lift? And you used a HD hitch to cover another 1.5" but only put in 1" blocks? :think: Or is the HD hitch 2" bigger then non? :shrug: Anyway, that was a nice simple truck...and to get away with making cabbage off it then losing, and doubling the mileage in that time :shake:

·
Lifted 2WD
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:bawl: Whats next?
Something more fuel efficient, college friendly, and fun to drive. Even if I get something that gets a little more than 20 mpg's, that will already cut my fuel consumption in half. And having a truck isn't really necessary for me. My dad has a F350 i can borrow whenever I need to haul something.

·
Lifted 2WD
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that a 3" body lift? And you used a HD hitch to cover another 1.5" but only put in 1" blocks? :think: Or is the HD hitch 2" bigger then non? :shrug: Anyway, that was a nice simple truck...and to get away with making cabbage off it then losing, and doubling the mileage in that time :shake:
HD hitch is 2" higher than the stock half ton hitch is.

And thanks :shake: I just had to wait for the right buyer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought it modded. Had the lift, 20" rims, toyo mt's, and a system. It got stolen in 09 then it was recovered and I got new rims, tires, and a new system and insurance covered most of it. Payed only 700 out of pocket. The only other mods I did were just little things here and there. Regardless, it's amazing that I was able to own it for two years and double the mileage and sell it for more than I bought it for. And you really can't expect to get money back from modding.
Hope he's not a member LOL

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Did you buy it modded? If not, you definitely lost money.
Whatever dude...
Nice job on the sale. It looked like a really clean truck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts