GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up last Saturday. Color wasn't on my radar, but I got tired of searching. Apparently it's damn near impossible to find a 2500hd or 1500 with buckets, power rear slider window, and all-terrain or max tow package. Dealer finally found a 1500 max tow with buckets, power rear window, and everything else I wanted. I was on the brink of ordering but I have been borrowing my father's rides...totalled the last car. Anyway with the amt of miles I drive (150-250 per day) I figured the 1500 max tow would suit me to save some mpgs compared to the hd gasser. Happy with my decision. Getting used to the color still. Cayenne metallic. I love the new tow mirrors. Plans are tint, bed cover, level, 33s, exhaust, tune, DONE!

20150125_152941_1.jpg

20150124_133101.jpg

20150125_212812.jpg

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Nice! I like that color! I bet it pops in the sun.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Damn! Nice man. Looks great!!! :thumbsup:

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
That color is gorgeous!

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I am enjoying it. The only thing I hate is the 6spd. I figured it would be great with 3.73s the max tow offers but it shifts too damn much. I miss my 4spd. The torque management makes these trucks feel so restricted. Let's go tune!

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,394 Posts
I love the 6speed. I had it in my 13 and miss it in my 08.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Thanks everyone. I am enjoying it. The only thing I hate is the 6spd. I figured it would be great with 3.73s the max tow offers but it shifts too damn much. I miss my 4spd. The torque management makes these trucks feel so restricted. Let's go tune!
I hated my 6 speed until I tuned it, now I like it better than my 4 speeds. Great looking truck btw, I love that color!

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tune it is then! I do plan on much hated black wheels but I've always loved them. I might try plasti-dipping the stock 20s for now. I'm not a flashy chrome guy so it's the only other direction. The color is growing on me haha. It is different but so was my brown 07.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like the color. It will never be hard to find your truck in a parking lot. Congrats

via Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Love that orange, im so ready for a 2015 cayenne orange truck!

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. I really like it now. Wasn't my pick but it's def grown on me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Saw your trans went out, what kind of maintenance had you done up to this point? Was the trans temp staying at 200 or was it getting hot? I've been reading that people are doing the trans thermostat delete on these because they say the heat kills these easily.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts