GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted the amp today and put on a fresh coat of Zaino. The box holds two 10's. I built it out of 3/4 MDF. I then coated it with resin so that the primer and paint didn't soak in. I went with the same paint as my exterior and it also matches my interior pretty good.
DSC00610.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

What do you think? :cheers:

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
looks sweet man....so you just covered the whole thing in resin, no fiberglass? then primer and paint??

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments guys. :shake:

C-ERA03 said:
looks sweet man....so you just covered the whole thing in resin, no fiberglass? then primer and paint??
Correct, and sanding in between. And I put like 5 coats of clear. No fiberglass

·
Registered
343 Posts
there's really no need for the resin, just some extra work and some fumes :anitoof:

a couple layers of primer will do the job, but your right MDF is rather spongy...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GMCtrk said:
there's really no need for the resin, just some extra work and some fumes :anitoof:

a couple layers of primer will do the job, but your right MDF is rather spongy...
I started on a test piece and sprayed down 5 coats of primer and then paint. The paint was still soaking in and coming out like shit. :flame:
So thats when I thought of the resin. The resin was pretty easy to work with without the fiberglass.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nafortin said:
Looks damn good man. How does it sound? What made you decide to have them fire downward?
It's impressive for only being 10"s. I went with downfiring because theres not enough room to fire them forward and I didn't want them firing into the seat.

Thanks for the props. :shake:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gotta(be)low said:
I'd be worried about people kicking that. Looks very nice. :D
Thanks man. I make people take of there shoes at the door :read: :D

Na :kidding: , but I do worn them. :nutkick:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Damn good job man!! Paint looks really good! :imo I need to do mine like that one day when I get some time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts