GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the tires Monday from Discount Tire Center, Falken Ziex S/TZ04 285/40/22. Got them mounted with my Eagle 026's on Tuesday, just found my camera today. Ill take some real photos when I clean her up.

Also, I have to say THANKS ALOT TO EVERYONE AT GMFS, my truck would never have gotten to where it is now without you guys.

CIMG6712.gif

CIMG6713.jpg

CIMG6714.jpg

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,395 Posts
looks really good... any plans to fully colormatch?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I likey, wanna trade for stockers, It'll ride alot better!? lol

·
The invsible member:nono:
2,745 Posts
Very clean:rocking: Get some more pics:imo:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont plan on fully colormatching what i have now, but I do want an ss bumper cover, rollpan, and a shaved gate.

Maybe you guys can help me out... the back tires are no more than 1" from the fender lips... so I have to drive really careful when I see bumps/potholes, etc. Before I put em on I would bottom out if I hit a bump fast enough, but now before it even bottoms out the fender lips smack the top of the tires. I plan to roll them tomorrow and see if that helps... although the edge of the fender is still right above the tire so im pretty sure its still gonna hit... any advice? I dont want to have to drive so careful 24/7.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
nice choice of tires...heh heh...

:D

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
looks like a 2/4 to me!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys! the drop is a 2/4. the only issue with the +14 offset and the 9.5" width is that the fender lip hits the top edge of the tires... im gonna try and roll em tomorrow and see if that helps. other than that, im in love.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Looking good.... I'm looking into the same rim. Any backspacing issues? I wish it was offered in more than a 14mm
I'm pretty sure they make the 22x9.5s with either 14mm or 40mm....when I ordered mine last spring they asked which offset I wanted and those were the 2 choices.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Looks real clean!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts