GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 32ft bumper pull and finally towed it with the 6.2 last weekend. Had it in tow haul the whole 150 mile trip and she did good on the inclines and everywhere, power was not an issue. I have the rear leveled and she barely squatted to my surprise. Didn't have the trailer brakes hooked up but in tow haul the engine braking was really benificial. I only got about 9-10 miles a gallon at 65mph but think it would have been better if the campers tires weren't low.

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
I'm jealous...I haven't dragged mine in 2 or 3 years.

Don't let those tires be low. They're probably running near their maximum capacity when inflated properly, underinflated you're begging for failure and a squirrely trailer does not sound like fun.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah tell me about it. I made a quick trip alone one evening to pick it up from the park where it had been for awhile. Got there and realized the plug was too short, forgot the extension. Didn't wanna go buy another and it was getting late. So I hooked up and hauled ass to the house, no lights, no brakes. Stopped to change the flat, after that hooked it up trying to get back before dark, having no lights. Not a smart move by any means, but point is truck pulled it well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts