GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after getting my L5, optima red top, kicker 1000.1, ipod, and 2 broken windows, ive decided to get an alarm lol.

just ordered vipers current top of the line alarm
http://www.viper.com/P-5702V/Viper+...de+Sst+2-way+Security+And+Remote+Start+System

found it elsewhere online for 225 bucks. also ordered the DEI 555L remote start bypass module. probably gonna get a proximity sensor and ive got a couple pins for the hood and gas tank. anything else i should know?

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
good luck finding anyone willing to install it since you didnt buy it locally

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
well after getting my L5, optima red top, kicker 1000.1, ipod, and 2 broken windows, ive decided to get an alarm lol.

just ordered vipers current top of the line alarm
http://www.viper.com/P-5702V/Viper+...de+Sst+2-way+Security+And+Remote+Start+System

found it elsewhere online for 225 bucks. also ordered the DEI 555L remote start bypass module. probably gonna get a proximity sensor and ive got a couple pins for the hood and gas tank. anything else i should know?
I wouldnt dick with the perimeter, its more trouble than its worth.
Tilt sensor for rims
glass mic sensor 506T for glass, duh
interior sirens for protecting the system (but they can interfere with the glass mic so ask me how to wire them)
520T battery back up
515R battery back-up siren

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I will be getting the same alarm soon.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol except i will be installing this myself. :)

well i got super lucky, ordered it 2 days ago and it was shipping from houston so when i checked the tracking it should be at my door sometime this afternoon!

just got the remote start bypass module wired up for the most part. now just waiting on the alarm itself to show up at the door. gonna order some more sensors and such later as they can be easily added.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Yeah I thought the rechargeable remote was pretty kick ass. I hated having to have spare batteries for my old viper. I just got this one 2 days ago after my old viper took a crap. This one has a ton of little cool features. I was tripping out on the temperature sensor. I can remote start my truck from the 3rd floor of a building were my truck is parked accross the street. Couldn't do that with my old viper.

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
I bought my Clifford 50.1 online and had it installed locally for about $100 and they did an awesome job. :shrug:
I wouldnt dick with the perimeter, its more trouble than its worth.
Tilt sensor for rims
glass mic sensor 506T for glass, duh
interior sirens for protecting the system (but they can interfere with the glass mic so ask me how to wire them)
520T battery back up
515R battery back-up siren
I still need to add all these goodies to mine :blah:
I got mine for the same price on Amazon.com. Battery life is decent but the built in rechargable is a nice feature.
Got mine on Amazon also, I wish it had rechargeables. It eats through these fuckin AAAs like a beast.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
i wouldnt mess with the proximity sensor. They never seem to work right. Seems like it will be to much of a headache but the good thing is, is its not to expensive to try

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wouldnt mess with the proximity sensor. They never seem to work right. Seems like it will be to much of a headache but the good thing is, is its not to expensive to try
really? ive had it installed for about a week now and it works great!! im waiting on my window module to come in so that way i can leave my windows down and if the proximity sensor goes off, itll roll my windows up :)

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
really? ive had it installed for about a week now and it works great!! im waiting on my window module to come in so that way i can leave my windows down and if the proximity sensor goes off, itll roll my windows up :)
technically it doesnt work like that out the box, how ya doing it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts