GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
traded my sierra in on a used 05 dodge (plus some money/payments, of course), and after i got it, a body guy took a look and told me "take it back". The guy that had the truck before me totally FUCKED it... so bad that only one panel hadn't been redone (one of the box panels).

The dealership initially denied that they knew about the damage, and had already sold my old truck, so i couldn't just trade back. With some heated (read: me pissed off) bargaining, they took the 05 back and gave me lower payments on a new 06. I don't even know what the total was on it. Sticker price was 64K + taxes on it, but i payed a fair bit less. Don't forget this is Canadian money. We get fucked on the trucks here.:pow:
Similar story with the first 02 Maxima I bought :nono: wound up giving it back for a brand new 03.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That thing is sick, love how wide the tires are...you don't have wheel spacers do you?
Thanks man!

nope no spacers.... the 3/4 and 1 ton rams have WIDE axles. The stock wheels are 17x8 with 6" backspacing. Mine are 20x10 with 4.5 inches of backspacing, so my wheels stick out about 3.5 inches more than the stock wheels. With the width of the tires,everything sticks out about 5 inches more than the stock setup. :rocking:

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
thats a really nice truck man! I know what you mean about diesels in the cold. I start up my 06 cummins at 6:30 in the morning and leave at 7am. by 7:15 i start getting heat. Its a bitch.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
thats a really nice truck man! I know what you mean about diesels in the cold. I start up my 06 cummins at 6:30 in the morning and leave at 7am. by 7:15 i start getting heat. Its a bitch.
Thanks man

yup... when it gets to be -35ish here, you can drive for a half hour, and it STILL isn't blowing hot air. Warm maybe, but not hot. and when you stop for more than 5-10 mins, its cold again LOL

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I like the leveling kit, but the 20's look funny. With that stance, you could have fit 35's on 17x8's.
Nah, i wanted to go short and wide. originally i wanted 33x15.5s, but they wouldn't fit on just the leveling kit. Besides, i eventually wanna upgrade to a 6" lift and 36x15.5 claws on those 20s:D

That's gonna be a while though:pow:

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Very nice truck! 55K US for a Dodge? That is insane!
Thanks!

as for the price, all trucks are marked up a LOT here too.... to put things in perspective, a brand new z71 LOADED (no diesel of course), loaded with everything but GPS is $52,700 Canadian, which would be 44,900 U.S. according to my converter.
I just priced a new duramax on gmcanada.com, and it came to $65,500 Canadian ($55,800 U.S.). That's with no GPS, hands free cell stuff, no onstar, ect..... Don't forget our 14% tax in BC too.

We get fucked up here PRETTY BAD:insane: :pow:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts