GMC Truck Forum banner

FINALLY... pics of my 2006 Ram

5K views 45 replies 32 participants last post by  JoeJ 
#1 ·
finally got some pics taken. 2006 3500 Cummins with the laramie package. It's got a 2" leveling kit and 325/50r20 baja claw radials (33x13.5R20) on 20x10 voodoo 406 wheels. It never sees offroad, so the smaller tires don't bug me. I REALLY wanted the sport model in black, but they don't make the 06s or 07s in the sport with leather, so shitty luck for me. I'll prob upgrade soon, and get the colormatched grill and bumpers. What do y'all think?

See less See more
#27 ·
That thing is sick, love how wide the tires are...you don't have wheel spacers do you?
Thanks man!

nope no spacers.... the 3/4 and 1 ton rams have WIDE axles. The stock wheels are 17x8 with 6" backspacing. Mine are 20x10 with 4.5 inches of backspacing, so my wheels stick out about 3.5 inches more than the stock wheels. With the width of the tires,everything sticks out about 5 inches more than the stock setup. :rocking:

#29 ·
thats a really nice truck man! I know what you mean about diesels in the cold. I start up my 06 cummins at 6:30 in the morning and leave at 7am. by 7:15 i start getting heat. Its a bitch.
Thanks man

yup... when it gets to be -35ish here, you can drive for a half hour, and it STILL isn't blowing hot air. Warm maybe, but not hot. and when you stop for more than 5-10 mins, its cold again LOL

#33 ·
I like the leveling kit, but the 20's look funny. With that stance, you could have fit 35's on 17x8's.
Nah, i wanted to go short and wide. originally i wanted 33x15.5s, but they wouldn't fit on just the leveling kit. Besides, i eventually wanna upgrade to a 6" lift and 36x15.5 claws on those 20s:D

That's gonna be a while though:pow:

#34 ·
Very nice truck! 55K US for a Dodge? That is insane!
Thanks!

as for the price, all trucks are marked up a LOT here too.... to put things in perspective, a brand new z71 LOADED (no diesel of course), loaded with everything but GPS is $52,700 Canadian, which would be 44,900 U.S. according to my converter.
I just priced a new duramax on gmcanada.com, and it came to $65,500 Canadian ($55,800 U.S.). That's with no GPS, hands free cell stuff, no onstar, ect..... Don't forget our 14% tax in BC too.

We get fucked up here PRETTY BAD:insane: :pow:

#43 ·
Wheels stick out to far for me, but overall that thing looks great. Gate will definitely look a lot better after a debadge, they sure throw a ton of crap on there.

How long does a diesel take to start at -40?
Yeah, the wheels stick out a lot. I'm putting some pocket flares on it this weekend... the truck gets filthy fast.

As long as i plug the truck in, it takes about 10 seconds to preheat the manifold (no glowplugs in the dodges), and it turns over fine. BUT it doesn't warm up for a good 30-40 minutes (or at all) idling.

Can I have your rear bumper if you get a color matched one?

I paid around $20,000USD less for mine... that's too much money for a truck.

Does it have the 5.9L or the 6.7L?

I like the winter front, need to get one.
Actually, it's ironic you're wondering about my rear bumper.... it's rusting already. Only 5 months old, and its shit. Dodge is giving me a new one under warranty, but they need the old one.

It's got the 5.9 Litre (i wanted to stick with something that's been around for a while). And yeah, that winter front works pretty damn good when it's -40:read:

About the price, all canadian vehicles are expensive. A brand new escalade, $55,400 USD (link) http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/gallery.jsp?model=escalade
Or 75,830 Canadian (link)http://configurator.autodata.gmcanada.com/GMCanada/buildYourVehicle.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.