GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well I finally have the money to lift my 03' Z71 and I was really looking at the Fabtech kit, but i just got off the phone with BnC and Kevin told me that Trailmaster was the kit that I should get. He said that the Fabtech kit has bad vibrations??? Also the RCD kit keeps breaking swaybar end links?? So has anyone heard anything good about the Trailmaster kit because I have never actually looked at it before. Man all of this confusion will drive you crazy!!! :insane: Thanks

·
Registered
832 Posts
Trailmaster came out with the first lift for NBS chevies and since it was rushed i heard it was total crap. Since then however they came out with a new kit. I have heard good things about it but only from a few ppl....seeing as how not very many run it.

·
2,451 Posts
you think that kevin would push his 7" 3rd coast? Unless you want a spindle lift. Tbyrne had a trailmaster on his truck and wasnt very happy with it and then replaced it with a 6.5" ft and is way happier.I havent heard of the rcd breaking at all. What about the rancho kit?? or the superlift spindle lift.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Kevin is just trying to push what lift he has sittingin the back of his shop, dont listen to him. The trailmaster isnt bad, but isnt that good either. Nothing against Kevin, he can do great work, but unless your paying alot of $$ he isnt going to just get you in and out as fast as he can. I guess thats buisness. I would go with the 6" procomp if I were you, and if you want a spindle type lift the RCD is great. Sway bar endlinks are a stock part, I broke one on my lift, its not just an RCD thing. The swaybar is remounted the same way in all teh lifts pretty much, so thats a load of shit. Any vibrations would be from improperly mounted and balanced tires, no the lift. If your interested, im also installing lifts this summer for extra cash and could do it for half of what Kevin would. Hit me up on AIM if you have any questions.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I know of one other person with a TM lift that dosnt like it.

I vote with DE. Procomp or RCD would be a great choice.
Procomp over RCD because of its full drop but thats just IMO.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would go with the Procomp as well.

Superlift is to hard to install and I hate using a plumb bob for alingment along with all the parts.

CST is too expensive.

Procomp is just right. 2 piece subframe, full drop.

The reason RCD's lifts kept breaking endlink bolts is because somebody didn't follow instructions. It is clearly stated in the install guide the lower control arm bolt hole for the Sway Bar End Link MUST be drilled larger.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I would go RCD or procomp. I have an RCD lift so i can tell you i off road it in mud and dirt and never have any probs and the street ride is pretty nice. And on the other hand everyone here says nothing but good things about procomp. I dont think you can go wrong with either choice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that I will go with the RCD kit because I mostly just like the look to it. :head: The best price that i found for the kit was 1450, is that good or does anyone know where I can find it cheaper? I want it installed next week and the place that installs them is goin to charge 450 for install is that a very fair price???
thanks for the help guys :shake:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yea by the way I have american racing sliders 16x8's can i use these rims with the lift?? sorry

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Z712K3 said:
I think that I will go with the RCD kit because I mostly just like the look to it. :head: The best price that i found for the kit was 1450, is that good or does anyone know where I can find it cheaper? I want it installed next week and the place that installs them is goin to charge 450 for install is that a very fair price???
thanks for the help guys :shake:
Thats a decent price on the lift and on instal. 4wp charges 600ish normally, I try to charge half of what they do so 250 or 300 depending on the lift. $450 is about the best you will find in a shop. What tires and rims are you going to run?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well for right now I am gon to run those sliders with my buckshots but then in about 3 weeks i have some money comin and i will probably get STS's. I know that they dont look the best but right now i need a tire that is gonna last a long time.lol If you know if I can run those sliders are not please let me know becuz i dont know the backspacing on them :insane: lol

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Why dont you get some BFG mt's? I think they look pretty agressive and will last a hell of a long time. Oh and they arent to shabby off the road etiher :)

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
yowsa you have a 3 inch bodylift as well, you gonna be a big! Checkout bigbadsilverados truck
3 inch body and 6 inch rcd

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love my RCD on my HD. the install was easy as pie. one of the main problems installers come by when installing a lift is the parts not lining correctly. So, they have to enlarge the holes on the parts and it's just a mess. The RCD installed perfect. I also love my bilstien shocks. the truck rides incredible. a little advise. don't try to get out the cheap way. cause if you do. you'll pay for it in the long run. my 0.02 cents

-Chad-

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was going to order the kit off of the internet but this weekend there is that Texas truck and SUV show at Reliant so I think that I will wait and see if I can find a good price there. :head: But it is really hard to wait :bawl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts