GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG00587.jpg

IMG00589.jpg

Found someone local to tint my tails and 3rd brake light. He used to be the painter at the dealership i bought my truck from. I did them pretty light due to cops around here, i love the look of my tails and third brake light! $70 and a one day turn around, you can't beat it! I also installed my fire and ice and hard wired it, but you can't see it in the pics, i only got that so i can't get a ticket in michigan (as long as you have one rear facing brake light). I'm really happy with the direction my truck is going, and i will be happier when my bumper (slotted WT) gets painted by him this week!

Later all, Jay

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:killer: no repiles?

·
Hog Rider 2
73 Posts
Looks really good. Be better if it was lifted say 1.5 inches!!! Just raggin on ya!!! :shake: Was looking forward to helping with the lift. I know the wife thing. Mine wants me to wait for rims and tires. We'll see. :secret:

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMG00591.jpg

i REALLY wish i could put my BL on! I'll just get one after the baby comes. This is up close, not as dark as you think, my buddy got his done and they are BLACK from the same painter, but he as well has the fire and ice light bar.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it.

I just ordered some VHT Night shades paint....going to see if I can successfully tint my tails too.
you can if you take your time and use a quality clear coat and wet sand and or buff afterwards.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Looks good! I'm thinking of doing this as well, then throwing in some blue dots blacked out from behind, as well as some red-dots, hoping some light would make it through there... might have to try to get that guys number from you if I ever do get serious about it!

Only thing is, I'd want some auxiliary reverse lights too or something, that would pretty much leave you in the dark when backing up anywhere that's unlit.

·
dieselz powerz
82 Posts
man, you guys with the cops breathin down your necks.. ouch..

local cops would't know what the eff tinted tailights are if someone hit them in the head.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shoulda color matched them.
was going to, but the painter said it'd look weird with the metallic in the paint. I trust him, he;s been doing it for years, but i do have another set of tails i might try it on those.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am diggin it. Wish it was darker but its all good. I like them dark but some states dont tolerate it.
they look dark from far away and thats what i wanted, that last shot was in the sun. I'm happy about how they turned out

·
Registered
102 Posts
looks sick i love tinted tails

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
was going to, but the painter said it'd look weird with the metallic in the paint. I trust him, he;s been doing it for years, but i do have another set of tails i might try it on those.
Word, my paint has a lot of metallic in it and they look fine (like as in not grainy like I guess he's talking about). Came out good though man :shake:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts