GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well as many of you know or if you dont know you probably are starting to figure it out...but i am a very indecisive...well i have wanted to do suspension on my truck but my dad has always been against it because it would void my warranty, but i found a way around it....there is this shop around here called California Concepts, and they give you a full 3 year 36000 mile warranty on parts and labor....and i know a guy that works there so hes going to set me up...im pretty sure im going to run a 3 x 4 drop...this will finally solve my ride control problems....hell yeah...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I had a 4/6 and it didn't void my warranty on anything, except the lower control arms which were DJM. I don't really see how it could since it's all bolt on except the c-notch.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I got my truck dropped at Cal Concepts, they work with GM dealers around here. Didnt have a single problem, just went outta warranty too knock on wood :bowtie: :worship: its pricey tho

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Sweet, you'll like the new dropped stance! Can't beat a warranty to go along with the parts :head2: Can't wait to see it done!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
There's a GM dealership around here that get's some trucks dropped and lifted to sell. Brand new too. Nothing drastic, just like a 2/4 and 2-3 inch body lifts.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i need some questions answered....

first -- the kit is going to be beltech with the nitro drop shocks...is that a good kit....

second -- does anyone have pics of a 3 x4 drop so i can see what that looks like, i know what the 2x4 looks like...is there that much difference with the 3 in the front...

third -- will the drive shaft need to be messed with at all on either the 3x4 or the 2x4 kits...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'm running those shocks on my 3/7 and they're ok but not the best IMO. Get you some Doetsch Tech shocks if you can.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well what i can do is get a full set up and just have them install it, which is what im thinking about doing..

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey all what do you think is the best set up for my truck......the shop that im taking it to carries 4 kits....they can install others but they dont warranty it and the warranty is the reason im going to them....

the 4 kits are Beltech, DJM, GroundForce, and Eibach......and they can carry pretty much any shocks..

im leaning towards the Eibach and Doesch Tech shocks...

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
you wont need to worry about the warranty..

dunno how many times it's been posted but read the Magusson-Moss Act.

If anything gets damaged in the suspension department it wouldn't matter anyways because it would be to the suspension not the whole truck warranty.. and the aftermarket suspension parts are 10x stronger than any factory parts..

so quit worrying about the warranty and just get the kit and do it yourself, it will be cheaper and will only take one day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts