GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Tried searching for this on the forums after countless threads read, there were no answers. Does anyone know how to find out how man engine hours your motor has. I'm about to do an escalade cluster on my truck but the form to have my miles transfered is asking for engine hours as well. According to the form all you need to do is the following. Depress and hold trip reset for 7 seconds. I assume this is while the motor is turned off and the key ignition is just switched on. So I went out and turned on the key, pushed down on the trip reset button while the mileage is showing and nothing. Did this several times and nothing. Also tried it while the trip meter was on and still nothing. Anyone know something else?

Thanks in advance

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
turn key on, then it comes up where the mileage is. i dont remember if you have to hit the mileage button, but its on there.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean just by turning on the key it displays it before it displays the miles? I don't think I've ever seen that. But I will try it, unless you mean something else.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just figured it out.

Turn key to on position. Hold down stem for 7 seconds, turn key back towards the off position. Tach turns off, but now displays hxxxx. Turn key back to on and mileage is shown again.

My truck has 119,xxx and 4392.1 hours. :)

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Just figured it out.

Turn key to on position. Hold down stem for 7 seconds, turn key back towards the off position. Tach turns off, but now displays hxxxx. Turn key back to on and mileage is shown again.

My truck has 119,xxx and 4392.1 hours. :)
fuck only have 300 some hours

1 - 5 of 5 Posts