GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i was wondering... can you fine tune the 4 cylinder mode in the NNBS trucks? I have a 07 Vmax and it kicks in and out alot... but it never stays in 4 mode for more than maybe 3 secs maybe 4 secs. Is there a way to tune the motor to take more of a load on 4 cylinder mode, so that it doesnt kick right back to V8 mode?

Can black bear tuning do this or a dyno tuner? When you get a black bear tune... does the 4 cylinder mode still stay active? how does his tuning help up the mpg's? thanks guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Contact Justin at Black Bear. He can answere all your question's.

MPG will vary on your modifications, driving habbits, and what octane you tune too.

as a rule of thumb, you'll see a 1 to 2 MPG increase on a mild tune, and again your driving habbits.

( most do not see this initially because their foot is always in it, trying the new tune. )

Good Luck

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Yeah you can tune it to take more of a throttle and stay in, but it makes it bog down a little more.

I had mine disabled and its the BEST thing I could have done. Its anoying as hell, sounds terrible and only netted me a .3 MPG increase. Ill take normal sounding exhaust over .3 MPG anyday.

Disable it :read:

·
Registered
571 Posts
yes, Justin can tune the AFM to stay engaged longer....stock is 6% throttle or less and he can tune it to 9/10% throttle or less. I had him change mine but I hear a lot of guys saying they tuned the afm out completely and like it better

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wonder if they can disconnect it on my wifes impala. It has the DOD(same as AFM) It does not help the mileage at all. She only gets 16.7 mpg with the 5.3 motor. That is only 3 mpg more than my truck. How does someone with a blown motor get better mileage? Please let me know.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
I had Justin disabl my AFM and remove 100% of the torque management and my mpg actually went UP...well if I drive normally.

BB tune is the best mod for the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts