GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after some hours of work spent outside in my 110 degree shop (i think i lost 5lbs. of water weight per hour that day) this is what i ended up with...not too bad for not loosing any leg room.
P7280030.gif

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
we need better pics

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
about the same for me, maybe around 3-4 hours. I have a program I bought that gives me the cuts I need to make it. It was like $12 shipped

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i'd go ahead and get some subs and an amp if i could build a box but i'm sure i would screw it up and it sound like ass

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do they sound you say??? Well you wouldn't think such a whimpy sub would put out anything but its enough to tickle my nose quite a bit...so far i've sneezed like 3-4 times because of it. My girlfriend is only 110 pounds and she says it shakes her whole body pretty good...i dunno if thats good or bad lol.

Ya its a Kenwood Excelon 520 2 channel. I thought i was going to have to buy a Class D But 250W RMS to each works good and i actually had to turn my amp down to about 2/3 power. And i like all the high and low pass frequency adjustments along with bass boost and its frequency adjustment.

About the best thing i could say about them is that if you build a box the right deminsions, you drive a reg. cab, and you dont wanna loose any leg room then i would for sure check these speakers out. I had the benefit of getting to hear 2 of them in a NBS reg cab with around the same power to them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Clean install. I just bought myself some 12" Solobarrick L5's for my regular cab, and can't wait to put them in. I need to get the dimensions for the box so I can build it, and I'm told with this box I won't loose any leg room either, thank god :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts