GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its obviously not one of carbondoggs...but i think it looks ALRIGHT for a first attempt...its adams truck from his sig. the background looks all shitty cuz there some shit i didnt erase and i didnt feel like it. if you look in other places u can see where i didnt erase real close around the tires or whatever but again, didnt feel like going into detail; this is my FIRST cartooning of something
bigtruckcartoon.gif

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Not too bad for your first try! Also doing a lifted truck is hard anyway!!

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
03Carbondogg said:
Not too bad for your first try! Also doing a lifted truck is hard anyway!!
how do you get yours to have those real thing lines...i have thing lines but yours are way more smooth and look sharper

onyx said:
looks good bro!.. DO ME!
haha yeah right, you sure u dont wanna wait for carbondogg to do one for you so you dont get a shitty one haha..i might do it, being my first one it took me about an hour or so...maybe if im bored, i dunno

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
onyx said:
DO IT PUSSY!!!!!! :crazy:

i like how that looks... it has its own style. :read:
i outta break ya faugin legs for talking to me like that ya bastage!

alright..you want me to use that one in your sig or what? anything special u want me to try, backgrounds...anything at all?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like that one with the big propeller plane; i dunno what its called ive heard the name (C something i think) imight take your truck from a diff pic and cartoon the truck AND the plane, i really like that plane

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
how do you get yours to have those real thing lines...i have thing lines but yours are way more smooth and look sharper
The lines is what takes so long to do. Each cartoon I do takes about 8 hours to do. Most of that is the lines! You just have to take your time with them. It's also good to work with a high rez pic too.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
03Carbondogg said:
The lines is what takes so long to do. Each cartoon I do takes about 8 hours to do. Most of that is the lines! You just have to take your time with them. It's also good to work with a high rez pic too.
what the hell takes so long with the lines...do you erase some of that blurry shit from the edges and then go with the pencil and fill in dot by dot or what? thats just nuts..mine took like, an hour and a half..but then again, it looks like shit haha

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
what the hell takes so long with the lines...do you erase some of that blurry shit from the edges and then go with the pencil and fill in dot by dot or what? thats just nuts..mine took like, an hour and a half..but then again, it looks like shit haha
What I do is have the org pic of the truck on the bottom layer create a new layer on top of that fill it white and adjust the opacity to about 50% or so and make another layer on top of that and name it "line" or something. trace over the lines of the truck with the line tool. The line tool takes some practice cuase it only goes in a straight line! So for curves and such just make smaller lines. When all the tracing is done create another between the "line" layer and the filled white layer and this one "paint". You can take your selection tool on the "line" layer to selct just inside the lines. Now just fill with the paint color of your choice. The hard part is making shadow and light. Where some parts of the truck paint are different colors and such. Here's a good one to learn from:
http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/cartooning.htm

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
onyx said:
DO IT PUSSY!!!!!! :crazy:

i like how that looks... it has its own style. :read:
ok here it is...i think it looks like shit; but it only took me like an hour so meh.
onyxcartoon.gif

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
03Carbondogg said:
What I do is have the org pic of the truck on the bottom layer create a new layer on top of that fill it white and adjust the opacity to about 50% or so and make another layer on top of that and name it "line" or something. trace over the lines of the truck with the line tool. The line tool takes some practice cuase it only goes in a straight line! So for curves and such just make smaller lines. When all the tracing is done create another between the "line" layer and the filled white layer and this one "paint". You can take your selection tool on the "line" layer to selct just inside the lines. Now just fill with the paint color of your choice. The hard part is making shadow and light. Where some parts of the truck paint are different colors and such. Here's a good one to learn from:
http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/cartooning.htm
thats the tutorial i use..and i have my line thing setup exactly like theirs but when i make my lines, unless they are PERFECTLY straight they have the little blurs aroudn them that make it fade out to white..and i see yours dont have that so how do you do that?

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
damn my bumper IS fucked up.. now i gotta fix it.. lol.. looks cool!

do a bigger one of just the truck!

SICK!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Hey.. isn't this the "photoshop" section, not the "MS Paint" section?! :LOL: Just kidding :crazy:

Well, I couldn't do anything close to that... so :waytogo: Btw, Adams truck still owns me.. even as a cartoon!!! :bawl: :nono:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
onyx said:
damn my bumper IS fucked up.. now i gotta fix it.. lol.. looks cool!

do a bigger one of just the truck!

SICK!
yeah, i thought the plane looked retarded, i planned on doing one of just the truck later...maybe this weekend

yoskater said:
Hey.. isn't this the "photoshop" section, not the "MS Paint" section?! :LOL: Just kidding :crazy:

Well, I couldn't do anything close to that... so :waytogo: Btw, Adams truck still owns me.. even as a cartoon!!! :bawl: :nono:
even if you werent joking..thats kinda what my cartoons look like to me haha

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
thats the tutorial i use..and i have my line thing setup exactly like theirs but when i make my lines, unless they are PERFECTLY straight they have the little blurs aroudn them that make it fade out to white..and i see yours dont have that so how do you do that?
What size and rez is your image set to? Also what size pt. line are you using? When I do one it's usually set to 1600X1200 and set around 500 or more rez.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
03Carbondogg said:
What size and rez is your image set to? Also what size pt. line are you using? When I do one it's usually set to 1600X1200 and set around 500 or more rez.
well for adams truck i just used his sig, then used the lasso to cut out the truck. for onyx's i used his smaller pics and for both the res was at 72; i was thinking about setting it high but i noticed the file size got huge. on the next one i plan on using one of onyx's big pictures and keeping it big, then when im done shrink it down.

edit: i use 1 px for the point

1 - 20 of 37 Posts