GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first true detail for me but I am very happy with the results. I finally tied together everything i have been acquiring from this site both knowledge and equipment. Sorry no before photos since my sister took the camera and I had to wait till she got back for pics but heres how it went

Washed with foam gun and Slick & Suds
Clayed with elastic clay and some quick detail
Then SSR 2.5 on the Orange pad followed by SSR1 on White
M-Seal
Migliore original

How do you guys not get hungry doing this? First Slick N Suds just makes me want to drink it then they quick detail doesnt smell bad at all. Next you move on to bubble gum 2.5 and the fresh lemon scent of SSR1 and to top it off Donnie has to go and make his wax smell like an orange orchard. Anyways I learned alot today, like i need better lighting especially for the paint correction process and that a little Migliore goes a long way. I ended up putting on to much in some areas and it didnt really want to come all the way off. Over all like I said I am very impressed, I have almost no swirls and some depth... on a white truck even. Im very pleased with Migliore Original too. On to the pics

This is where I realized I put to much wax on
P1010262.jpg

P1010263.jpg

A little better
P1010269.jpg

Finished product
P1010266.jpg

P1010267.jpg

P1010264.jpg

P1010271.jpg

I thought it was cool I could see the burb in the refection
P1010272.jpg

I still have alot of experience to gain but I think it turned out great for my first attempt

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Looks great!!

Paint your mirrors, that would top it off :D :imo

I need to do that too :whyme:

·
GMC Owner
1,534 Posts
Passenger rear. Missed a spot.

LGB nonetheless. :)

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Looks great, Rick. I'm glad you liked the Original.

Thanks, Hopefully Ill start getting good at this so I can make the experts here and Glimmer Glass proud.
:rocking: It's a huge learning experience, have fun. Visit detail specific forums like DetailingBliss if you haven't already.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
looks good dude..I want my next truck to be white.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks good... Cant beat the CC. Can someone explain the difference between the Migliore fine wax and the Migliore Frutta? :think:

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
Looks good... Cant beat the CC. Can someone explain the difference between the Migliore fine wax and the Migliore Frutta? :think:
frutta is for light colors.iirc

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great, Rick. I'm glad you liked the Original.

:rocking: It's a huge learning experience, have fun. Visit detail specific forums like DetailingBliss if you haven't already.
Thanks, I love the original, blows away any wax I have tried before. I looked at that site just to check it out but Ill be going back there to learn some more but like Ryan said there is alot to learn.

looks good dude..I want my next truck to be white.
White is nice but now that I have dabbled in detailing I wouldnt mind another color. With the amount of work I put into the white paint today another color would have looked absolutly amazing and really popped but the white doesnt show the depth like other colors do. Having said that I absolutly love white in every other situation.

Frutta is more for "warm" colors from what I understand. A red or yellow would be best suited for Frutta.

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Frutta is more for "warm" colors from what I understand. A red or yellow would be best suited for Frutta.
:word: Although, I had a pro detailer (Scottwax) use it on this white Escalade and he loved the depth. It all comes down to personal preference. Since Frutta is colored I imagine it would be easier to work with on white too.

9ef549fe.jpg

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Nice job:thumbsup: White is hard to work on because you cant really see the swirls already but just look at it in the right angle and it gets easier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts