GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, took the truck to the track today for the first time. Wasnt really expecting much, just wanted to see what it had. First off its the 4.8 with just a FIPK. With heavy ass 22's, so really not hoping for much. I would have liked to have seen at least a 15.99. Not the case. Well, first off, I only got to run one pass with the track set up to a quarter mile, then the timing system went down so we had to run 1/8 the rest of the day. The first pass it went 16.38 @83.80. To give the truck a bit of credit, it was hot as hell and was the first pass straight off the drive. Second pass, 10.67 @67.55. Horrible 60ft. Cant belive I ripped the shit out of the tires even with the track as sticky as it was. Anyways. First round comes up, With the two passes, looking at the 1/8 mile time, they are a tenth off. I dial a 10.57, its later on in the evening now, rather cool, suns down. I red light!:flame: Pissed, but the trucks ripping, I broke out on top of it so whatever, it went a [email protected] If the 1/4 mi. was up, what do you think that pass would have been????
sorry so long, thanks for listening.:bowtie:

·
Registered
445 Posts
oh if you want to know how to do some of the formulas try these.. they seem to follow pretty well with old track times on my dads camaros

mile ET = 1/8 mile ET x 1.5832

1/8 mile ET = 1/4 mile ET / 1.5832

Calculate 1/4 mile ET and MPH from HP and Weight

ET = ((Weight / HP)^.333) * 5.825

MPH = ((HP / Weight)^.333) * 234

that forumula calculates it at about a 16.5... so somewhere around 16.4-16.5

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh if you want to know how to do some of the formulas try these.. they seem to follow pretty well with old track times on my dads camaros

mile ET = 1/8 mile ET x 1.5832

1/8 mile ET = 1/4 mile ET / 1.5832

Calculate 1/4 mile ET and MPH from HP and Weight

ET = ((Weight / HP)^.333) * 5.825

MPH = ((HP / Weight)^.333) * 234

that forumula calculates it at about a 16.5... so somewhere around 16.4-16.5
WOW, Im so glad you calculated that. My head is still spinning. :) No, just playin but thanks. It just felt to me that it would have went faster that last pass than the first one. Your probably right. I have heard of people using that formula and they are actually really close.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this about a normal ET for a silverado, ECSB with the 4.8?? Take into account the rims, but with the stock rims, what should it run about?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yes, sounds right. Your truck is slow, so is mine.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hah, reminds me of a friend of mine. He ran his truck for the first time the other night, we went down to watch some friends run and he decided to make some passes for the hell of it. 2006 CCSB 4.8 2WD on 24's. Went some 16.8's.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
You guys and your big ass rims, I would have no clue how to gear a rear for 24s...
Should just throw the stockers on for the track. looking pretty at the track is second in my book.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Should just throw the stockers on for the track. looking pretty at the track is second in my book.
My chrome caps for my stock 17's got all screwed up from winter, so i'm popping the caps off and running the stock black ones for a while with my 4/6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts