GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to show a customer my spray in bedliner today at work, and he noticed my pins that latch the tailgate are busted. on the drivers side, the washer, has broken and fallen off, and on the passenger side, its cracked in 3 spots, but hasnt fallen off quite yet.
DSC00506.gif

DSC00507.gif

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
That sucks Josh. Hopefully they will treat ya good.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
VicRed said:
That sucks Josh. Hopefully they will treat ya good.
Damn thats crazy Josh. I havent had to take my truck in yet for service and have almost 8K miles :rocking: But I need to take it in for a couple things.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
E.M.D. said:
Damn thats crazy Josh. I havent had to take my truck in yet for service and have almost 8K miles :rocking: But I need to take it in for a couple things.
like what?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Josh said:
like what?
Alignment has been messed up since I day one and the back door handle/arm rest squeaks like crazy. And then what ever I need done at around 9K miles.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Josh said:
i went to show a customer my spray in bedliner today at work, and he noticed my pins that latch the tailgate are busted. on the drivers side, the washer, has broken and fallen off, and on the passenger side, its cracked in 3 spots, but hasnt fallen off quite yet.
Dang Josh thats a new one, never seen that problem b4

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Well son you shouldn't close it so hard :crazy: I hope they don't give you any bs. I can't believe those broke.

·
Still Newb
109 Posts
I've seen a bunch of those lately, usaully they're just missing, dunno what causes it, cheap parts I guess, they shouldn't give you any trouble we just replace them, no questions asked, under warranty of course.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Thats pretty crazy, I wonder if there is an aftermarket version, I'm guessing that putting the same shitty oem parts on there is just going to have it happen again.

But...how does one make a shitty washer of all things? Hell, I could make a better washer than that out of cardboard and duct tape... :anitoof:

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
E.M.D. said:
the back door handle/arm rest squeaks like crazy. And then what ever I need done at around 9K miles.
spray some silicone lube in the crack around the door handle, like so:

d73bdf29.gif

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
E.M.D. said:
How long does that last and where do you get that stuff?
don't know how long it lasts, i did it right before i traded. it cuts the friction between the two pieces of plastic which are making the squeak. any auto parts store should have it. i used delayed viscosity grease from kimball midwest, it comes out like a liquid then turns to grease.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
They all have there problems. :read: How do you know how other vehicles are built when you have never owned the other brands? :wank:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
That sucks Josh. I have seen the cables break before but never your problem.
Have fun at the stealership, Im sure they want give you much BS over that little problem. But you never know :crazy:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
E.M.D. said:
They all have there problems. :read: How do you know how other vehicles are built when you have never owned the other brands? :wank:

I haven't but my parent's have. Maybe LowBlue02 will chime in on GM build quality.....:D

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
I haven't but my parent's have. Maybe LowBlue02 will chime in on GM build quality.....:D
my 94 was built with MUCH more quality than my 03. ill agree with you here. if only i had kept that thing :nono:

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
yeah, GMs build quality has definately come down, but I still want an 05 hehe :crazy: :anitoof:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bowtiefan said:
I've seen a bunch of those lately, usaully they're just missing, dunno what causes it, cheap parts I guess, they shouldn't give you any trouble we just replace them, no questions asked, under warranty of course.
if you werent so far away, id take it to you. i shouldnt have any problems at gunn. i deal with them alot. if they gimme shit, im gonna be pissed. :evil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts