GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to show a customer my spray in bedliner today at work, and he noticed my pins that latch the tailgate are busted. on the drivers side, the washer, has broken and fallen off, and on the passenger side, its cracked in 3 spots, but hasnt fallen off quite yet.

 

·
I am the Moderatonator!
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
That sucks Josh. Hopefully they will treat ya good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
VicRed said:
That sucks Josh. Hopefully they will treat ya good.
Damn thats crazy Josh. I havent had to take my truck in yet for service and have almost 8K miles :rocking: But I need to take it in for a couple things.
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
E.M.D. said:
Damn thats crazy Josh. I havent had to take my truck in yet for service and have almost 8K miles :rocking: But I need to take it in for a couple things.
like what?
 

·
2008 RCSB
Joined
·
9,634 Posts
Josh said:
i went to show a customer my spray in bedliner today at work, and he noticed my pins that latch the tailgate are busted. on the drivers side, the washer, has broken and fallen off, and on the passenger side, its cracked in 3 spots, but hasnt fallen off quite yet.
Dang Josh thats a new one, never seen that problem b4
 

·
OG
Joined
·
6,939 Posts
Well son you shouldn't close it so hard :crazy: I hope they don't give you any bs. I can't believe those broke.
 

·
Still Newb
Joined
·
109 Posts
I've seen a bunch of those lately, usaully they're just missing, dunno what causes it, cheap parts I guess, they shouldn't give you any trouble we just replace them, no questions asked, under warranty of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,816 Posts
Thats pretty crazy, I wonder if there is an aftermarket version, I'm guessing that putting the same shitty oem parts on there is just going to have it happen again.



But...how does one make a shitty washer of all things? Hell, I could make a better washer than that out of cardboard and duct tape... :anitoof:
 

·
GMFS founding member
Joined
·
4,015 Posts
E.M.D. said:
How long does that last and where do you get that stuff?
don't know how long it lasts, i did it right before i traded. it cuts the friction between the two pieces of plastic which are making the squeak. any auto parts store should have it. i used delayed viscosity grease from kimball midwest, it comes out like a liquid then turns to grease.
 

·
[>
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
That sucks Josh. I have seen the cables break before but never your problem.
Have fun at the stealership, Im sure they want give you much BS over that little problem. But you never know :crazy:
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bowtiefan said:
I've seen a bunch of those lately, usaully they're just missing, dunno what causes it, cheap parts I guess, they shouldn't give you any trouble we just replace them, no questions asked, under warranty of course.
if you werent so far away, id take it to you. i shouldnt have any problems at gunn. i deal with them alot. if they gimme shit, im gonna be pissed. :evil:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top