GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got pulled over the other day for a half hour...after much deliberation, I was cited for three items. I was only confused about the third one he sighted me for;

CVC 24607 Red Reflectors to the rear ( I have taillights tinted):think:

He claimed that stock lights have a reflective quality to them and that I completely "destroyed" this safety feature when I tinted my tails. :flame:

After reviewing the code, it states that I need to have some reflective red quality to the rear of my vehicle. Has anyone ever been sighted for this and have any input or help? Thanks

Spark notes
Got cited for tinted tails
Law states I need red reflective quality to rear of vehicle
Anyone ever been cited for this and any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
buy a cheap set of taillights from a junkyard, go to court, get ticket removed, put tinted lights back on. Voila.

·
Registered
33 Posts
buy a cheap set of taillights from a junkyard, go to court, get ticket removed, put tinted lights back on. Voila.

not sure how it works in cali... but here in AZ if you get a fix it ticket thats it... nothing to mail in or go to court for... if you get pulled over for the same violation you get a major fine and possible impoundation...

get a trailer hitch light thats red reflective and lights up... should work...

i hate gay ass laws...

i got a fix it ticket for no mud flaps once... then the wife got one in her truck... i hate how they look... but hell.. whatcha gonna do??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the thing that killed me is that he took 30 mins, finding things to write up and i was late for work...he then was tryin to be a nice guy and saying things like o well I couldve written you up for this and this. I understand I was in the wrong of the law, and being lifted I attract attention but still.

The way it goes in cali is to get the ticket written off by any law enforcement or eligible agent(dmv also) and then mail the ticket in with processing fees.

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
not sure how it works in cali... but here in AZ if you get a fix it ticket thats it... nothing to mail in or go to court for... if you get pulled over for the same violation you get a major fine and possible impoundation...

get a trailer hitch light thats red reflective and lights up... should work...

i hate gay ass laws...

i got a fix it ticket for no mud flaps once... then the wife got one in her truck... i hate how they look... but hell.. whatcha gonna do??
You might want to make sure you don't have any outstanding tickets/fines/etc because every fix it ticket I've got required me to get it signed off by a cop and then take it to the court or mail it in. This was true with my tint and mudlfaps. :uhoh:

Edit: Could also just be that Phoenix (your around there somewhere right?) has so much more shit to deal with that they have different rules for fixits :shrug:

·
Registered
228 Posts
If your going to get another set to just get it signed off than I have some 02 tail lights that have some scuff marks on them. I was going to put them on CL but been super busy. $40 bucks and there yours, I just want them gone really. I'm also from Sacramento thats why I'm posting :crazy:

Just tryin to cease the opportunity to make a few extra bucks :tongue:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would snag them, however i have a stepside..thanks tho, I am gunna try wetsand with 1000 grit, we shall see what happens.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
yea the thing that killed me is that he took 30 mins, finding things to write up and i was late for work...he then was tryin to be a nice guy and saying things like o well I couldve written you up for this and this. I understand I was in the wrong of the law, and being lifted I attract attention but still.

The way it goes in cali is to get the ticket written off by any law enforcement or eligible agent(dmv also) and then mail the ticket in with processing fees.
Stupid ass cop, doesnt he realize 1 fix it or 10 fix its is still a $20 ticket? Maybe he just wanted you to fix everything :lol:
So yea he defintely had fun with you

Go press on your brake if you can CLEARLY see the red lights at a distance of about 250ft you can more than likely get it signed off.
How tinted are they?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
you just need to have a red reflector. Go to a trailer supply store and buy the strips you can stick on.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts

just busting you balls because if a car/truck came up on ya fast, their headlights wouldn't reflect off your tails....i see there point, kinda, but if it's dark the tail lights would be light anyways..

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Stupid ass cop, doesnt he realize 1 fix it or 10 fix its is still a $20 ticket? Maybe he just wanted you to fix everything :lol:
So yea he defintely had fun with you

Go press on your brake if you can CLEARLY see the red lights at a distance of about 250ft you can more than likely get it signed off.
How tinted are they?
its no like that anymore Jon, its $25 per violation now. I just had to pay mine that had 4 violations and it was $100

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
its no like that anymore Jon, its $25 per violation now. I just had to pay mine that had 4 violations and it was $100
Must be a county thing, but its $25 per ticket, not per violation here....unless the person at the counter is telling you that and pocketing the extra :lol:

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Must be a county thing, but its $25 per ticket, not per violation here....unless the person at the counter is telling you that and pocketing the extra :lol:
Im gonna have to search around but its $25 per violation here in Orange County. I got my slip in the mail and mailed in my ticket with a check

1 - 20 of 51 Posts