GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I need some opinions for yall. I found this 1987 toyota 4x4 pick up that was sitting behind this guys house. I went talk to him today about it and he told me he wants 200 for the truck only thing wrong with it is the gas tank rusted out but it still runs if u pour gas on the engine. The other problem also is he never had a tittle for it so thats why its so cheap but I figured I could go get a lost tittle for it right?

So my question is what would you do if you found this truck for only $200. I included some pics

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

sorry the pics might be crappy the only camera i own is on my iphone and i also have the vin for the truck if thats important

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
I would probably buy it, and then beat the crap out of it until it breaks.

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
are the spare wheels in the bed included in the deal?

Hell, for $200, I'd buy it even w/o a title. IDK how much of a PITA getting another issued is, though.

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
$200 for a beater truck
$20 case of beer
$30 some gas for the truck
Free: weekend of giving that bitch hell till is breaks down!
:big_banana_Dance:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
buy it, just the tires alone are $200.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
That RF BFG is worth that.

·
Registered
790 Posts
boo for ifs but i would find a kit to sas and your dumb if you don't get it.

G

·
Before you do anything else, get the VIN and the license plate #'s (if it has any). Bring em to the local PD and have them run the numbers. You don't want to buy a stolen truck :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Before you do anything else, get the VIN and the license plate #'s (if it has any). Bring em to the local PD and have them run the numbers. You don't want to buy a stolen truck :lol:
I got the VIN for it and thats a good idea i didnt even think about that

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,898 Posts
buy it or look at that cucv on louisianasportsman for 2800obo

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
meh I think for 200 bucks I cant go too wrong I will probably just end up turning it into a trail rig or to bring out to duhons

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,898 Posts
dude all it would need is a body lift and crank the bars with 35 boggers.... you ever seen that lil blue yota at duhons

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my dad knows a lil bit about the truck and he thinks its already got 2" blocks on it but idk lol but I plan on raising it and I wanted to put some boggers on there for now till I can really tear into it and do what I want with it like SFA gears lockers and etc

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,898 Posts
marcus has a good build thread from when he did his 89

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
First off that truck is an 88. It has a 3.0 V6 in it I am assuming from the the grill. Same motor I have. For that engine to run properly you need to thave a good EFI gas tank, good fuel pump, and a good Air flow meter. Toyota Fuel pumps do not run with the turn of the switch. The fuel pump turns on when the Air flow meter's door opens detecting air being pulled in. Basically if ya shoot gas in the Throttle body it might pop off and sputer but it wont run without all of the EFI sensors monitoring. Not bad for $200. Truck looks like ass but who cares? Not telling if the head gaskets have been replaced, because those motors are known for having head gaskets blow, Burning exhaust valves due to the crossover pip being close to the passenger side head, and Really the motors dotn make much HP. They have a fair amount of TQ to do okay. You have to keep a decent gear for the size tire you will run. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea last night I ran a car fax on it just to see and I noticed it said 88 so I guess the guy was wrong. But one of the other reasons I wanna get this truck is just to learn I dont know too much about trucks and motors and stuff so I figured this would be a good chance for me to gain alot of knowledge o and Marcus I might be bugging you alot now for help/info :crazy:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Bring it on bro. I can get info for Toyotas. Im a nut lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts