GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bags off they are not Stone there contitech 2-play single port, also like i said the left bag had one bolt and the other loose really happy i didnt drive it

Does this shaft look right

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
nothing looks "alright" on it, but what was the driveshaft rubbing, as long at ride height you pinion is pointing upwards 2-3* you should be ok

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does the bags make a diff. in what shocks i should get now? Are the bags better.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
You want your shocks to max out when, or before you bags max out. Basically set it up so you have enough travel and then measure for shocks, and make sure you get ones that collapse enough to allow it to lay out

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You want your shocks to max out when, or before you bags max out. Basically set it up so you have enough travel and then measure for shocks, and make sure you get ones that collapse enough to allow it to lay out
they told me monr #32207 , what i was thinking of doing is checking the length of the axle to bar then try to find something that falls about the same size, does that sound right

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
its all in how you set it up man, you gota take the time and lay it out play with travel etc

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
Contitechs are good bags. As long as they don't have ant major flaws in them, it's good to go. First lay the frame out level.(most of the frame touches the ground) if the rear is over notched, then the rear portion of the frame will sag too far to set up properly. then make new bag plates so that the bags bottoms out at the height. The contitechs have internal bumpstops so you won't hurt the bags. After you have the bags set, measure for the shocks. You want a shock that will tavel about 10'' with an over the axle setup.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I think the notch is a lil high ill check 2morrow

·
Registered
921 Posts
I got shocks that travel about 10". But when setting them up I made sure that layed out i still had 3/4 - 1" before the shock bottomed out. and the same vise versa with max lift, so that i wouldnt blast thru my shocks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How would i fix this making a bigger mount a lil less then 3" or cutting the bars and lowering them

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
so youre rear is bottoming out on your notches before your bags bottom out?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Build a taller bracket, but it looks like you'll need to drop the bags down too cause i think the axle will hit before the bag is 100% complete. IMO I would have the frame sandblasted, because it looks like it could be alright, just needs to be cleaned up, new bushings and rod end on the panhard bar.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pixs are with the truck layn frame axle dont hit notch and bags dont compress. Going to buy me a blaster Sat. its the only way to clean it good. What media should i buy to blast the frame?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its just the pic

·
Registered
921 Posts
I use black beauty for my sand blaster, but prepared for it to make a gigantic mess especially with the amount you have to do. Id do it outside if possible. and make sure to cover up your windows so you dont etch the glass. you can buy brackets from SD that will fit on your axle housing or just make some new ones. And if you weld on the axle housing itself be sure to change the fluid when all is said and done.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I use black beauty for my sand blaster, but prepared for it to make a gigantic mess especially with the amount you have to do. Id do it outside if possible. and make sure to cover up your windows so you dont etch the glass. you can buy brackets from SD that will fit on your axle housing or just make some new ones. And if you weld on the axle housing itself be sure to change the fluid when all is said and done.
the brackets they have are about 2" i need about 3" so im going to have to make them, and im planning on blasting outside.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think i should have started this threads in under con. because im planning on fixing this whole truck up from inside to outside. Could it be moved to under construction

1 - 20 of 66 Posts