GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been so busy with life I hadn't driven or started my truck for almost a full year. :facepalm:

Just replaced the battery, changed the oil, replaced the coolant, removed the flares,did a quick detail on the passenger side and hood, and polished the headlights, they were cloudy from sitting.

Not looking forward to having to have the truck repainted because of the scratches left behind by the flares. What would be the best way to get the truck repainted now? I will hate to have the truck sit in an auto body shop with all the dust. I having driven the truck in the rain or during winter since installing the new coil overs and painted the frame.

Look better without the flares? I think most will approve.

photo3.gif

photo1.jpg

photo5.jpg

Sucks
photo4.jpg

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
looks way better with out the flares. I would also ditch the lights on the bar for an LED bar

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks way better with out the flares. I would also ditch the lights on the bar for an LED bar
Yeah, was looking into that, the round black magics are dated. If I can get a bar to fit right, or I might do square/rectangular LEDs.

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could do with either. But, it's what YOU want. Not us.
I took them off because I finally saw the light, that they didn't look right with the double flare, plus I had them on to keep rain from kicking up all over the sides of the truck, but now that I don't drive in the rain, it's a non issue.

It's a known fact most hate flares on the NNBS's.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Can you have the fenders fixed and blended? You have a nice truck btw, would look nice without the lights.. I'm sure you've heard it before but clear headlights would do wonders.:crazy:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Only way to not have it sit in a shop would be pull the box and fenders off and take them in only. If its straight black there shouldnt be too much trouble color matching if sprayed on their own. If there is metallic in it then a color blend may be needed in which the rest of the truck would be needed.

·
"...needs more tire..."
1,750 Posts
Looks good! I like the NNBS w/o flares. I went through the same thing on a few trucks back. No matter how much buff, clay and/or polish they used... It had to get blended to get back to 100%. It's worth it though imo. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Out of the shop after being blended.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
damn a whole year without even driving it? such a nice truck not to enjoy it every now and then

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the original crappy GM paint, my truck looks like UPS brown at certain angles with some light areas where the base coat looks thin in the sun, and the fenders are not removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good! I like the NNBS w/o flares. I went through the same thing on a few trucks back. No matter how much buff, clay and/or polish they used... It had to get blended to get back to 100%. It's worth it though imo. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Out of the shop after being blended.

Thanks Rocky, yeah the damage is pretty deep.

damn a whole year without even driving it? such a nice truck not to enjoy it every now and then

I know, I won't let this happen again. I'm just hoping BB can get this tune right so my dash lights don't come on anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Take it into a bodyshop its black they will have it done in two days the color will be no problem don't worry about the dust it will come off. I worked in a bodyshop for 15 years and saw this go on all the time. I personally like the flres on these trucks but would have put clear tape under the edge of them first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts