GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of used Eagle Alloys that are flat black. What's the best "stuff" to get to clean em up?? Just need to brighten the black up a lil.

·
Registered
571 Posts
doesn't that statement contradict themselves? I bought flat black rims and what to brighten them up a lil! Not trying to be a jackass....I would just use soap and water.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Battery acid, rhinoceros puke, sand blaster, 80 grit sand paper, a dead hooker, all would probably work just fine :crazy:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess i should've been more specific. i have a set of three used flat black wheels. i had to buy one new one to complete the set. new one looks obviously as it should. the other three are a little faded from use. i posted here to see what the masses here that have flat black wheels are using to clean them. that's all. no i will not use wd-40 or paint, etc. just looking for some prior experience, not opinions from those with bored fingers. i'll simply try soap and water first. thanks.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
i guess i should've been more specific. i have a set of three used flat black wheels. i had to buy one new one to complete the set. new one looks obviously as it should. the other three are a little faded from use. i posted here to see what the masses here that have flat black wheels are using to clean them. that's all. no i will not use wd-40 or paint, etc. just looking for some prior experience, not opinions from those with bored fingers. i'll simply try soap and water first. thanks.
any side by side pics (old vs new) that'd also be helpful in helping your plan of attack.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm gonna try and get them cleaned up tonight. if they don't i'll post some pics.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
You can use a light wax coat.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
i'll probably try that. i cleaned em last night with soap n water and the three used ones are still faded looking. i'll post pics later.
one reason I always hesitate on getting black wheels, cuz most of them fade.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i know. i was hesitant also, but found an awesome deal on these. plus they do look great on my truck. i tried a few other sets and the flat black i like the best so far.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
i know. i was hesitant also, but found an awesome deal on these. plus they do look great on my truck. i tried a few other sets and the flat black i like the best so far.
post pics man.

·
professional grade
4,193 Posts
the only way to make black wheels shiny is to......oh wait, there is no way to make black wheels shiny .hmm the search continues.:crazy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts