GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my new 2019 leftover, wasn't really in the market for another truck but the price and style helped. Had it for 3 days and did a readylift 2 inch leveling kit and silver lettered the tailgate. A week later I debadged it, it was alot of letters to remove. A blow dryer and fishing line pulled them all off. Next I ordered painted mirror caps and the factory fog light kit, pics will be coming. Should be gibson exhaust and 285 65 20s soon too.

76665.jpeg

20190919_184650.jpg

7656.jpeg

7657.jpeg

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,496 Posts
Subd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put in a range afm disabler, seems to work really good. Doing factory fog lights now and color matched mirror caps. I'll have pics later if those... also on the way is a gibson catback, should be here early next week.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,846 Posts
Looks good. But odd to me that you debadged and then made the tailgate lettering stand out.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good. But odd to me that you debadged and then made the tailgate lettering stand out.
I don't like chrome stick on letters or emblems, the tailgate to me looks huge and needed something. It's just vinyl stick on so we will see.

The bad part now tho is the headlights are halogen and the fogs are led. Yellow headlights with bright white dogs. Time for led low beams.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well, one good thing about the 2019s, I guess......You don't need a whole new bumper just to add fog lights.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, one good thing about the 2019s, I guess......You don't need a whole new bumper just to add fog lights.
Is way more work to add em to these trucks than the nbs trucks. The gm kit comes with everything but none of the wiring is there. A wire gets ran from the switch across under the dash to behind the glove box, thru a grommet to the fuse panel. Then the light harness gets plugged into the right headlight and that into the fuse panel too. That part is so they go off with high beams. Then the pcm needs to be programmed for them.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I like the tailgate letters. It’s a throw back to the 67-72 and lower trim square bodies.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the tailgate letters. It’s a throw back to the 67-72 and lower trim square bodies.
Imo, I think it's a nice accent to the silver wheels
I liked the letters like the older trucks too, my 83 was like that. There is only a little silver and I figured the same that it would fit in nice with the exhaust tips. Nothing else is silver, I'll have to see what I could do. I was going to paint the tow hooks silver but wasn't sure if it would look bad.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Is way more work to add em to these trucks than the nbs trucks. The gm kit comes with everything but none of the wiring is there. A wire gets ran from the switch across under the dash to behind the glove box, thru a grommet to the fuse panel. Then the light harness gets plugged into the right headlight and that into the fuse panel too. That part is so they go off with high beams. Then the pcm needs to be programmed for them.
On the K2XX trucks, if you want to add OEM fogs to a truck that didn't come with them, you need a new bumper.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand with those trucks u need a bumper, I compared these to the NBS trucks when I said it's more work...not meaning ur k2xx . The nbs didn't need the inside wire ran or programming either...they were simple.

Adding em to this custom tho makes it look a whole lot better..!! Led bulbs for the headlights are coming this week.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Silverados
Plural, not possesive.

I understand with those trucks u need a bumper, I compared these to the NBS trucks when I said it's more work...not meaning ur k2xx . The nbs didn't need the inside wire ran or programming either...they were simple.

Adding em to this custom tho makes it look a whole lot better..!! Led bulbs for the headlights are coming this week.
In the stock housings? Other drivers are going to hate you.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Plural, not possesive.

In the stock housings? Other drivers are going to hate you.
Yes in stock housings, my lifted hd had em in stock housings for 10 years plus. If they didn't bother anyone then these won't either. Can't be any worse than all these fancy new headlights anyway..lol

1 - 20 of 108 Posts