GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I changed the headlights to lifetime led like my hd but they are too long. The dust caps dont fit with them. Even a longer cap wouldn't work with the way the connection is. So they will get sent back, I did see thru searches that the morimoto 2 stroke 2.0's fit. So I'll be ordering those shortly.

The gibson exhaust came in, I'll put that on Saturday am..

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,891 Posts
Looks nice man!

Wheres the JK in the pics? Keep seeing the 285s listed when searching for tires for my JK.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The jk is my wife's, it's a 2013 sport, 3:73,s 2.5 rc springs, rancho 9000xl shocks, rc swaybars, 16 saharah wheels with 325 60 18 duratracs. I'll get u a better pic later, I have the grill out of it right now. Putting led headlight and fog lights in it. Buy those 285s..lol

20190705_175123.jpg

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
The gibson catback is on, I'll get a video when I get a chance. It aligned up with all the factory hangers real nice. Almost perfect fit, the pipes are bent really nice and the quality is spot on. It seems to have a good deep tone up till 3k and then stays the same. On the throttle hard it doesnt scream and is pretty mild. Down the highway it's almost not there. Pretty decent, better than I thought it would be.

The lifetime led bulbs were nice and bright, almost matched the color of the fogs. Only catch is like I said the dust caps do not fit and I was afraid of moisture. So earlier in the week I ordered the morimoto 2 stroke h11 bulbs. They were shipped real fast. They fit perfect, I had doubts with the length of wire with the h11 adapters but they fit great. The dustcaps fit with ease and plenty of room. I'll know later in the dark how bright and how they match the fogs color. I'll be doing the high beams soon too I guess but they probably aren't needed.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I did the airaid jr kit yesterday am, replaces the huge intake tube with a nice straight thru round tube. Also a new synthetic filter for the stock airbox. Looks alot better and no check engine light . Pics tom afternoon..

Really dont wanna trim, remove anything or cut so...I've been going nuts on what size tires to run. I've seen 35 11.50s fit no rub, then 35s need lot of cutting or trimming. A set of 285 65 20s(34.5) fit and another with pics of em about ripping off the mud flap...depending on the brand. So honestly I think a set of 295 60 20s will be it. That's a 34x11.50. Prob try wildpeak at3w this time....

***edit... ordered the wild peaks, will be mounted this week..!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I added a set of gm rear fender liners, they fit perfect and are super easy to install. Also put on a set of egr slim line vent shades. These are in channel so they can be removed in I get tired of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've been looking into small lifts, the 2 inch level is fine. I may add a rear block 1st to see how it is. I think it needs a little more tho. So I looked into 3-3.5 , the rc and superlift looks to be about the same except the superlift has bilstein. Strut spacers, uca's, rear shocks and blocks... this could be in store soon.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I was just looking into that and I'm beginning to think the same way. I might just do a rear block to get a small amount of rake back.

I was looking tho, is the factory rancho stuff any better riding than the lower end. Like the struts n shocks..?

·
meow
15,748 Posts
I’ve run a 2” spacer and Kings and I’ll always be happy with spending the extra money. I personally would never buy rancho, I’ve seen much better overall response for bilstein.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
Yeah the oem ranchos are garbage. I removed them on both my trucks before 5k

And I would do a add a Leaf in the rear to get another inch of height. Really improves the ride if the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
After having king coilovers on my hd I think that I'll end up buying coilovers for this at some point soon. I seen icon, cst and fox have them now for the 19-20 body style. Probably keep it at 2-2.5 and that's it.

Wouldn't a block in the rear ride better than a adda leaf..? With a block, 1 inch nothing will really change. On my hd the adda leaf sucked, I ended up changing to a spring pack. I know set of bilsteins would make it more firm...do u want more firm tho...

·
boogity boogity
985 Posts
For the 19s the rear spring are very stiff compared to my '13 I had. I dont know if its the lack of weight over the rear since the tailgate is aluminum and the bed is stamped differently but these trucks ride a lot more stiff than the previous half tons. The 2020s are getting retuned leaf springs for this specific issue.

I would go with a 1" block or a deaver spring pack , i feel like the aal would make it even worse than what it is. Not sure if the spring widths have changed but these used to be popular https://www.offroaddesign.com/1-zero-rate-add-a-leaf-kit-2-1-2-wide.html

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This was my thinking too, the rear of the truck isn't soft n squishy.. it's a little firm. Not harsh but firm. Did put lt tires on it too, had to take the pressure down a few lbs. If I did a 1 inch block with bilsteins will it make it too firm....is the question.. hense why I asked about other shocks like ranchos.

A zero rate isn't a bad idea but a block kit comes with bolts for around 80.00

·
boogity boogity
985 Posts
The bilsteins should work fine. Plus if you dont like them someone would buy them off of you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 133 Posts