GMC Truck Forum banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
boogity boogity
985 Posts
Learn something new. Didn’t know they changed the spring rates in the new trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if spring rates but they definitely dont have the plush ride of the previous gens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I see the cst kit for 1-3.5 is 1150 on sale. Coilovers up front without arms and 1 or 1.5 rear blocks and ubolts.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
They are 1049 on their site now for the coilovers alone. How do they ride n handle compared to the stock struts..??

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That's probably the way to go, it says 1-3.5 . Are control arms needed..? Say at a 3 inch setting, I can do the coilovers, 1 inch block and bilsteins on the rear.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
3in your angles are still going to be poop and ride will still suffer.

I wouldn’t go more than 2.5 and even then I would do a small diff drop. Other wise you will get some high frequency vibes from your cvs.

But you need control arms if going above 2in for clearance and ride quality

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I couldn't find the trail boss part #, i did see that all the 3.5 inch lifts and under say requires no diff drop. Maybe these trucks differ alot from the previous style. I seen those trucks say diff drop included alot.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
Cv is the same as the typical 3.5in spacer kits. The uca is better. But probably has to due with the new knuckle and uca location design.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
You sure the cv is the typical angle as the older style b4 this...? They dont look steep at all. I know the control arms are 100 %better. When u look up 3 inch they look steeper on thos truck...I can't be sure tho as I never owned one.

The only catch would be down travel and how much more they go down.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
When I put my coil overs on and adjusted them to around 2.75in my cvs looked like that on my last truck. I was getting annoying vibrations. A 1in diff drop fixed it.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
We do the BDS 4inch and 6inch kits on the 19s at work on the new trucks and they come out great

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
  • Thanks for the info, I did read many good reviews on bds. I really tho dont want the truck any bigger than a 3 inch. Although not a bad idea, 4 inch isn't much more. All those lifts have all drop down brackets, knuckles, uca's. In the near future I'll be looking at coilover setups since no one makes longer struts yet except for 2 inch.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ended up taking advantage of the black friday sales and bought what I thought would work pretty well.

I picked up the icon dynamics stage one 1-3.5 coilover set with 2.0 rear shocks, a pair of rough country forged control arms.( I know rough country) and a motofab rear 1 inch block kit. Hopefully the forged arms will work fine and the ball joints will be good. When I looked it was all 7-800.00 plus for arms that stock wheels dont fit doesnt work for me.

I'll see about a small diff drop so I can set this at 3 inches, if needed I'll get trail boss cvs. There isn't much on diff drops yet for these trucks that I can find

41 - 60 of 133 Posts