GMC Truck Forum banner

61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
They do, that's y I was wondering about preload. I'd rather not add a crazy amount. Since they are 1.5 to 3.5 I figured they were present at 1.5...I should know in the morning...should..lol

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Lol, hmmmm... i only see 3/4 of preload. That should be 1.5 of heigth if they are like my kings. Having some preload helps the ride, too much hurts the ride. The bottom of these are tall, im wondering are these the extended version. The only way preload isn't needed is if they compress the spring and put them on. Which they can do, I guess I'll find out.

The rear shocks , blocks and u bolts are in a separate box. Rear shocks I read mount with the shock bodies on the bottom. Looks like a really nice setup. I almost feel bad for buying cheaper ucas..lol

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Actually reading the instructions it says not to exceed 1.125 preload from the top nut. It's at .650( close to 5/8) now. So I'm thinking now it's set at 2 inches or level.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Think about it tho, readylift does a 4 inch and says it's not for offroad, I'm pretty sure it's because of the cvs. I'll get u a pic later today, I think they are about right tho. Could prob squeak 3.5 but I think that's pushing it. It is pretty tall, I'll let it settle then adjust it. Right now its 41 inches from the ground to the wheel well up front and 41.5 at the rear.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
  • I called icon, the instructions say these are preset at preferred heigth and preload. I wanted to know what is that over stock, its 3 inches. So I'm not touching them. The truck rides like stock, except it doesnt bounce. Its more firm and handles like a car..lol. so probably I'll align it when it gets the seat belt recall.

·
boogity boogity
985 Posts
Nice man, looks awesome.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thankyou, here is today's project. Not a super fun one but it turned out pretty decent. The old hooks came off easily but the ami mounts were a real pain in the ass. The plastic needs to be trimmed, the 2nd hole needs to be drilled thru and I needed another long bolt for each side. I had to cut the foam to fit tight and it worked out perfect.

Attachments

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,638 Posts
That truck looks tall af.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Its tall but still fits in a 7 foot garage door. These trucks are proportioned a whole lot different. This is set at 3 inches now with 295-60-20s which are 34 inches tall. 35s will fit but I didnt want to trim anything.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Cleaned it all up again, they tar and chipped all the potholes and road gaps. This thing was a mess, seems good now tho after a few hours.

I keep seeing these trucks with 17 inch method or icon wheels. I'm steering toward black and bronze. With a set of 315 70 17s or 35 11.50s. I'm debating should I do it or not...lol

I put about 1k miles on this in the last few weeks, I notice occasional harsh bumps. So I called icon, they told me the shocks without the reservoir have an internal spacer to limit travel. This needs to be removed if its lifted over 2 inches.

So that sucks, I dont get why it's in there if they say 1.5 to 3.5. I'm going to test it b4 i go thru all that. Now I'll turn the preload up lowering the front and put a 1/4 inch spacer in the bottom gaining back my lift. That should pull the internal spacer away from bottoming out and give it approx 1/2 inch of room. If that works I'll go from there. I can see this being a sh!t show..! I thought about it, I could keep these coilovers and just do say a zone 4 inch. That will put me back where it should be. I could use an upper spacer to give me the lift I need instead of using their spacer.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 133 Posts