GMC Truck Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
Method and icon both corrode badly in pa. My buddy installed a set on his. After one winter they were so bad method replaced them under warranty. The second set they wouldn’t.

The fake beadlock bolts aren’t stainless. And the powder coating is thin so it starts to peal near the hub and work outwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Method and icon both corrode badly in pa. My buddy installed a set on his. After one winter they were so bad method replaced them under warranty. The second set they wouldn’t.

The fake beadlock bolts aren’t stainless. And the powder coating is thin so it starts to peal near the hub and work outwards

Thanks for the advice, I guess the stock wheels will stay for now.

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
I was going to trade him my stock wheels and falkens for his methods and sst pro tires. Before he traded his truck in. Till I took them off his truck and saw how bad they were.

I’ve just come to realize running stock wheels is best in this shit they put on the roads in winter

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I was going to trade him my stock wheels and falkens for his methods and sst pro tires. Before he traded his truck in. Till I took them off his truck and saw how bad they were.

I’ve just come to realize running stock wheels is best in this shit they put on the roads in winter

I thought about keeping my stock wheels for the winter and running the new 17s in the summer. I wasnt sure if 17s were too small for the new truck.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
So I cranked the coilovers all the way so the preload nuts at the top as far as it goes. I then added a 1/2 inch moto fab spacer. It made the truck sit exactly where it was at 41 1/4 inches. To even the sides I had to adjust it a real small amount. It rides smoother and less firm. I might actually leave it this way.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
The next step might be changing the custom front end to an lt. I can get the lt headlights and grill fairly cheap from a wrecked truck. Its black so the grill would be black temporarily. Although it might get black wheels and exhaust tips...if I do that I'll remove the tailgate letters

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Going to color match the center bar and add the billet aluminum edges to the grill. Trex makes a nice sleek kit. The grill came yesterday, harness today, grill gets painted this week, lights will be here Saturday.

Attachments

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,645 Posts
Much much much better.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Thanks guys, its was a pain in the ass from the start. Lol.. The lights came damaged with a rear tab broken off, atleast it's a wire harness tab and nothing fancy, I dont have the factory harness anyway A refund helped out nicely which paid for my new harness. It's a huge change for the better..lol.. but I will say it's a huge job, alot of pieces come off or get loosened to get those lights out. The full led is really nice.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Next tho I haven't decided what to do. The gibson exhaust I like the sound but it looks horrible being all brown and tarnish, all rusty looking. I can clean it up and just spray the pieces you can see, which isn't much but you can still see the tail pipe in the rear wheel well.....or I can remove it and put the factory exhaust on with the muffler delete.

I know in the future it might get a better exhaust that's the better stainless that won't tarnish. Only a few are 304 stainless which sucks. borla or stainless works were the only 2 I seen and are 1200 or more.

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
304 stainless.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I have the factory dual exhaust with the square fake tips on the bumper. I'd like to keep it like that. I dont see them having a kit for that.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts