GMC Truck Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Pretty fast at getting back to me, one of the earliest emails monday morning.. They said sorry no, no plans for that. Will be a single exhaust kit only.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
well thats just asinine and a bad business plan since there are more new silverados out there with the dual tips, than not

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
I removed the gibson catback last night, it's a mess. All rusty brown looking and was very annoying. I tried welding it in pieces that moved but it didnt work so well. I put the stock pipes back on, removed the flapper valve and put in the magnaflow muffler delete. It sounds like a vette at cold start, calms down real quiet and driving up the highway it's pretty nice. The tone isn't bad at all, I think that has alot to do with the resonators. Revved up tho it sounds bad, not real nice at all....although I could care less about that since I'm not 16 anymore .lol

Ordered new wheels today too, replica trailboss wheels in 20s but titanium gray with +15 offset. Stock is +28 but since I have now 8mm spacers it should be close to what I have now.
  1. Also ordered a jlt catch can kit, nice simple bolt on kit that's uses factory style hose fittings. Comes with a nice bracket and fits under the hood real nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Factory reproductions makes em, 20 or 22 on gloss/satin black or titanium gray. With a 2 year finish warranty

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Wheels are back ordered, not waiting that long to get em. Ill get an email when they are in and buy them then. So that changes things a little...for the 2nd time I hate the exhaust. The gibson looked awful and the delete sounds awful...this sucks. I'm thinking I'll buy a corsa or a borla kit. That way it has a good sound and it's all 304 stainless., meaning it will last and look good. Some really good deals on those kits at the moment,some places a few hundred off.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I like those too. Maybe those would be good in a 22 with 285/55s or 20 with a 295/60.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I put a borla s-type 140769 catback on yesterday. I was impressed how it fit and how flawless it was to install. Sounds a little loud at start up but sounds really good, not loud in the cab as and no drone which is awesome...well worth the extra money.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Since I changed the whole frontend to all led lighting a few weeks ago Now it's time to do the rear. There's only 2 sets of bulbs that aren't led. So i put a set of diode dynamics license plate bulbs and the reverse bulbs. So far it looks really good, I'll have to see tho if the reverse is too bright for the camera at night.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I added a pedal commander to the throttle pedal today, its pretty impressive how snappy the throttle is. It works instantly, turned up almost too touchy.

On a second note those wheels I picked above are on back order still for 6 more months. I'm debating on what wheels to pic.. not sure. Heres a few I'm thinking about. The top one is the one I was really thinking of buying its the trailboss replica in a 20. It has a +15 offset. The 2nd one is just like my stock but black which is a +28 offset. 3rd fuel blitz gloss black and last the fuel rebel. Both fuels would be +20 offset. All will be 20x9. Those offsets to keep the wheels within the oem mud flaps . The paint on these trucks is super thin.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Out of those. The Last ones on that post.

But none of them imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,671 Posts
Methods imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I’d wait for the trail boss reps

Reactions: heysoos

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I actually bought the trailboss reps in 20x9 with +15. In gloss black with the silver bow tie centercap and black lug nuts. The stock wheels are 28 offset and these are 15, that's 13mm or 1/2 inch more sticking out. That will bring it right to the edge of the fender lip. Should look good with my 295 60 20s on them. I'll see these next week, I'll order valve stems and just switch the sensors from my stock wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Wheels will be here Friday, i hope to have em on Saturday am. Another mod I'll be doing is the task lighting on the factory mirrors. Hopefully I can get it to work, i picked up both mirrors and the headlight switch. These are bare mirrors with no cap or lens. I'll just swap mine over to the new ones. Not sure if ill need the harness since my truck already has the light up tailgate handle, bed lights and electric tailgate.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 139 Posts