GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have searched but have yet to find a definitive answer. I have an 08 sierra 5.3 flex fuel. I need to upgrade from the stock 36lb injectors to some 60s. Every set that I find says that they are not flex compatible. From my understanding the flex injectors are taller and have different electrical connectors compared to standard injectors. What can I do to run standard injectors? Would I need non flex fuel rails as well as pigtails? Any additional parts? Is there anyone that has done this upgrade that can verify? Thanks in advance.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Probably going to take a combination of pigtail connectors and a variety of o-rings.
Pretty much same deal involved when going to any aftermarket bigger fuel injector.
Check out racetronix, those are the pigtails I've been using.
Then you'll probably have to fabricate some sort of "Z" or machined brackets to properly space your fuel rail.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I went from non-flex to flex injectors. I needed adapters and a different tune. Its not a simple plug n play swap

IIRC all NNBS rails are the same, they will accept the flex and non-flex injectors. They might say theyre not flex compatible because E85 would kill the innards on them. If youre planning on running E85, don't use those....if you don't plan on running E85, youre probably fine as long as the body size is similar....you can always get the connector adapters to make them work with your harness, that's what I did. Youll need to know the flow rate and specs on them so your tuner can set you up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Im aware of the tuning requirements as well as the difference in e85 vs 93. The only thing I was concerned about was the dimensional differences and how that would affect mounting. I guess I'll order some injectors and adapt the rails. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts