GMC Truck Forum banner

Flip Kit questions

1K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Dustin07 
#1 ·
Why is it that Belltech's 6" flip kit is almost double the DJM 6" flip kit for a reg cab truck? I dont need anything fancy I just need a 6" flip kit, is there any reason why I should pay double the price for the belltech?

#7 ·
If you have metal, welder. You can make your own flipkit. But, buying it works too...

#10 ·
The flip kit is just a few pieces of metal it's not like they're going to be bent or anything. Ryan still has his :read:
i dunno bout that......i beleive it was Dan (fullthrottledan) that tore his apart a few years back when he had one from Chassis Tech on his truck....so they are all NOT made the same IMO...

i would suggest Belltech or Western Chassis..is what i have on mine and it is a very ncie peice IMO

#11 ·
i dunno bout that......i beleive it was Dan (fullthrottledan) that tore his apart a few years back when he had one from Chassis Tech on his truck....so they are all NOT made the same IMO...

i would suggest Belltech or Western Chassis..is what i have on mine and it is a very ncie peice IMO
He's talking about quality parts, not shit made out of aluminum foil :slap: I would say a DJM kit isn't much different from a Belltech flip kit :imo

#16 ·
OK. I'm about to get my truck lowered. The guy at the shop says that 2" leafs break and I should get the Mcgaugheys kit with spindles in front and a flip kit in the rear w/shackles to get the 2/4 I want. Quoted at $1031 installed. He said I don't need to notch the frame, though. Is that true? Mcgaugheys referred me to him.

#17 ·
kinda weird that this went unanswered for 2 months. did you go with the 4/6? did you notch?

I'm almost certain you'd have to. Everyone has been telling me you need to notch at 5" and by looking at my truck with a 4" drop I'm almost certain 2 more inches would rest my frame on the axle.

1000k installed with notch would be a good deal. I think Schwab quoted me like $2200+. (all beltech. )

#20 ·
yeah he asked if he needed a notch and I didn't see an answer... which would of course be "yes".

When I do I have a shop that will install everything for $250.
that's pretty good. Originally that's what I was going to do with my 3/4. I bought all the parts for $270 + shocks and was going to have it installed for around $300-350... but when the time came for them to do the install they kept putting me off... I finally did it myself. The notch I want to hire out tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.