GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever built a flip kit instead of buying one?
my friends next door neighbor owns "on the spot welding" and he built my front bag cups, my 4 link tabs, and my shock bar for the rear end of my old bagged truck...
i can get him to make my flip kit...for about 50.00 including steel, mig welding, and the plates to go under the leaf springs.
he's building my c-notch for my truck...it wont go through the bed though. im going to weld 2x2x1/4 tubing on the top rail, cut the supports on the underside of the bed that overlaps the frame rails. then im going to box in the frame....if not take some left over 2x4x1/4 tubing and weld it into the frame rails for extra support.

thanks for your opinions, and information on this.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
why don't you just buy the one on ebay you were bidding on? I saw it on there and noticed you had the high bid.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
i havent personally but any experienced fabricator should be able to do so. i've watched the saddles be built and also the new u-bolt plates.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
fullthrottledan his own set now that I think about it.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why don't you just buy the one on ebay you were bidding on? I saw it on there and noticed you had the high bid.
yes, i have the high bid..but if i get out bid...im not paying 150 just for a flip kit, so if i get out bid past my set bid, then i'll have one built.

i lost the 2 inch drop coils he had up, because i was at work when it ended.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
won the ebay item, for 88.05 now im waiting on him to tell me how much shipping is.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
won the ebay item, for 88.05 now im waiting on him to tell me how much shipping is.
Sweet, I just bought a flip kit/c-notch/ and some toxic drop shocks off a guy on here. I paid $120 shipped. I guess I got a good deal. We'll see when it all gets here tuesday.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, I just bought a flip kit/c-notch/ and some toxic drop shocks off a guy on here. I paid $120 shipped. I guess I got a good deal. We'll see when it all gets here tuesday.
damn good deal...all i got was a flip kit, and the u-bolts 88.05 plus shipping, which he hasnt told me that yet.

i wanted to post a thread seeing if anyone had a few drop kit parts for sale...but never did it thinking no one would want to come off of any of the parts.

now i got a bid in on 2 brand new belltech spindle set part #2505, yet i dont know if they are for the 16" or the 17" rims. if they are for 16", i'll sell them for what i paid for them, if they are 17" then ill keep them and see if i can't find a 1" drop coil, or maybe get a 2" drop coil

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just sold my flip kit AND notch kit for $50. LOL.
:flame: :flame:
AND, i seen your truck today at winn dixie in gramercy, right before i went lift weights with dustin poch'e
man, oh well...i would have thrown the c notch away, i'm doing a back half i think...if not then i'll box in my frame from the bed back for sure. with gussets welded inbetween the frame and the new peices.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
need some info and opinions..

western chassis 2" drop coils..are they good? are the poop? would you rather throw rocks at the ground instead of say you have western chassis coils on your truck?

just need some info and input on these..thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts