GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok who has actually broken a key from simply flipping them?? I don't want to hear about your sisters cousins borthers exwifes best friends uncle that has broken one, but if you have personally broken one from flipping it.

I personally don't understand how they can break more by just flipping them. They are designed to be strong aand the only think that I can assume would happen is that the metal gets stressed from being installed one way for so long and when they are flipped they could possibly break.

But on the other hand I was looking into buying some springtech keys, but have heard of them breaking too. And I have heard that the belltech keys lower the vehicle alot more than 3" and I don't want it too low and make the fender rub on the fender. So I'm thinking about flipping the keys and trying to accomplish the drop I want

Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I have belltech keys and they are fine. If they are too low then crank it up. You can get 2500 keys and they will lower your tahoe too.

It would be pretty stupid to flip them since the other side doesnt have any dimples for the bolts and no dimples for loading them in,

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have belltech keys and they are fine. If they are too low then crank it up. You can get 2500 keys and they will lower your tahoe too.

It would be pretty stupid to flip them since the other side doesnt have any dimples for the bolts and no dimples for loading them in,
Didn't know that they didn't have dimples on the opposite side. Thanks for that

And why would a 2500 key lower it? I figured that would lift it some. How much drop you get from that?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
1500 keys will lift a 2500 and 2500 keys will drop a 1500. They are the same as drop keys.

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1500 keys will lift a 2500 and 2500 keys will drop a 1500. They are the same as drop keys.
So you think I can get 3" out of the 2500 keys?

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts