GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This all started a year ago, and only now do I have the money to fix it (last semester in college). So my hoe started having shifting problems. As my dumbass had made so many mods to the interior, the mechanic (code reader) informed me that he could not do anything. He couldn't pull a code because I had wired my interior LED setup off of my cigarette lighters and my aux. So I researched it and decided that I had a clogged cat. Ended up cutting my cats off and in half, and sure enough my drivers side was black and seriously deteriorated, but my truck started no problem the second it could breathe (go figure). Because of what I found I replaced all the sparkplugs and the plug wires, assuming that one of the driverside sparks wasn't firing, causing gas to leak.

I finally have the money to order cats (plus shipping to Alaska...) and ordered some new o2 sensors just to cover all my bases. Using my Elm327 on my biweekly startup, (after removing all my piss-poor footwell and cup holder LEDs) I pulled a P0300. I understand that this may be from the fact that there are no cats, but I do not want to throw my new ones on, only to fuck them up by flood them too.

What else do I need or should I be checking prior to cat and o2 installation?

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
p0300 is random misfires, which could be caused by plugged cats, but is usually caused by bad spark and rough idling. Look into new plug wires, new plugs, and check the coil packs are all plugged in. They can go bad, but it doesn't happen very often

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already replaced the plugs and the wires, I will check out the coil packs. Thanks man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts