GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new floor jack. Does anyone know of a good one for about a hundred bucks?

I saw walmart has a black jack 3 ton one and I've been to farm and fleet which has a 3 ton floor jack. I figured I better check here before buying one.

Anyone have a review of a good floor jack??

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
I have the Kobalt one from Lowes. I've had it about 4 years or so. Works great and came with a pair of Jackstands for less than $100.

·
Registered
56 Posts
In case anyone's still looking for a floor jack, I saw my local Costco has these Arcan XL35R floor jacks back in stock. This is the 3.5 ton model in red.

I think they were listed at $89.95. (I'm in San Jose, CA.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
In case anyone's still looking for a floor jack, I saw my local Costco has these Arcan XL35R floor jacks back in stock. This is the 3.5 ton model in red.

Got that one back in December, heard great things about it. It lifts the from of my 2500HD like its nothing. Now I just need to get a heavy duty set of stands.

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
Craftsman has a decent 3-ton jack/stands/creeper set for $150.00. You may even be able to pick this set up for less on sale.

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...&sName=Mechanics+Equipment&keyword=floor+jack

I've had years of reliable service from both my Craftsman floor & bottle jacks, and will not hesitate to recommend them. And as a bonus, when they finally DO begin to leak, I know I can rebuild them. I don't know if this is the case for the lower-end brands you might find at WM, TSC, HD etc.

·
Registered
265 Posts

that is a badass jack.... real low to pick up dropped cars and goes really hight to lift trucks........

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is the one I bought from Harbor Freight this past summer to use to install my lift. It's been a great jack. Absolutely no problems.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=34271
I have that one too. I took it back once and exchanged for the same model cause I thought I had a bad one. but my new one does it too.

There is absolutely no control on lowering something like a truck, it just drops.

I was doing upper ball joints on my wife's town car and needed to make bunches of small little adjustments to the height of the lower control arm to get everything lined up, it handled that fine and gives me all the control I need lowering a light car like my grand prix, but heaviness seems to take the control away for mine anyway.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Get a nice 2.5 to 3 ton floor jack. I purchased mine from Northern Tool. I have read that there are too many issues with Craftsman jacks. In other words they are overpriced trash.

·
Registered
99 Posts
look into napa floor jacks. they are a bit spendy but you get what you pay for. i've had my napa brand jack for ~10yrs and it's been great. never leaks, loses pressure, and the even the paint still looks good on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts