GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting my exhaust this friday...it looks like i am going with the 40 series from flowmaster since its the loudest they have. what do u think is it a pretty good one? are there any that would be better/cheaper? or is that just about as good as they get

·
Registered
413 Posts
that's what i have on my 5.7 vortec. i've got 3" piping cat-back and it's dumped after the muffler. it's a good deep and throaty sound especially if you get a good intake. only complaint i have is some gnarly rattling sound i get at high rpm. if i were to do it again, i would have gotten a magnaflow, but i still like the flowmaster.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
flowermaster=shit

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Has Any One Had To Ever Buy Another Flowmaster Because They Blew Out???? I Know The Answer Its No. I cant tell you how many PPL i konw that have had other exhaust sys. and have had to replace there muffler because the shit in them blew out. but the good old flowmaster is like an energizer battery they keep going and going, shure there are better mufflers out there i know that but in almost 10 yrs of driving I have never had to replace my muffler but i have replaced a motor?

·
As seen on TV!
863 Posts
Dynomax bullets. A lot cheaper and sound alot better

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Dynomax bullets. A lot cheaper and sound alot better
werd, i've been running one for 2 years now. It doesn't have surface rust all over it like my flowmaster did. I'll choose a bullet over a flowmaster any day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
...since its the loudest they have.
The 40 series is not the loudest that Flowmaster makes. The 40-series is a two chamber design, and Flowmaster also makes single chamber mufflers that are quite a bit louder. I don't know if Flowmaster ships the single chambers out across the country in quantity, but we have em all over the place here! Flowmaster is based here in my home town so they are the muffler of choice around here.

Even after that statement I have to say that I prefer Spintech mufflers, but there is nothing wrong with Flows if you want that good old American sound! :D

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Flowmasters sound good...however they do restrict air flow compared to a striaght through Magnaflow etc.

They are great quality mufflers...if rust is an issue...get a stainless steeel version.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will it rust i thought since its aluminized it ownt rust...and arent the stainless steal ones like a ridiculous amount of money

·
4,725 Posts
There's nothing more american sounding than demolition derby cars thanks to flowmaster

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Yes flowmaster do not flow as good as others...its truuuueee...

Go u dirv ethe truck in salty winter conditions? if so..then probably in 5 years the flowmaster aluminized with rust out...jsut get a stainless one...there not much more

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
im running a flowmaster 40 series...it sounds like shit to me..just to lazy to change it, gonna go with a magnaflow when i change it

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
im running a flowmaster 40 series...it sounds like shit to me..just to lazy to change it, gonna go with a magnaflow when i change it
should have bought one when they were running a group buy.

Only way flows sound good is their catbacks with tips out the back, i dont like tips out the back so thats my consensus on blowmaster

1 - 20 of 32 Posts