GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
If you click on that link you gave, you can listen to what it sounds like :read:
All I know is that I had the old 50 "Thunder" series or whatever and it was loud.
SmoothStyln has the older 40 "Thunder" series and that was even louder. You could hear it blocks away.
I'm pretty sure that one will be pretty fucking loud, it sounds loud on those clips they provide

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I heard the clips.. I gotta figure out what I gotta do to just add the muffler and maybe some turndowns, because the complete kits are almost $500!! I just saw "new" some I wanted to see if anyone here had some experience/knowledge with em'

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have dual Flowmaster Super 40's on my truck with an x-pipe.
I love the way it sounds. According to jegs, it has a deeper tone than the regular 40 series. I would recomend it!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! Finally someone with personal experience! Thanks for the reply and welcome to GMfullsize! :cheers:

Got any pics?? :naughty:

I have the Gibson Supertruck exhaust kit.. I hacked the pipes off but I'm still bored with it.. (it's weak) So next week I'm gonna install some super 40 series..

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
um ive heard that gibson supertruck on Adams old rig and its freakin loud. louder than flows anyways.

the adds for the super 40 say that it has delta flow technology so it probably wont be very loud.

AND of those sound clips, the ones that sound cool are obviously on old carb'd muscle cars that just sound badass. the weak sounding clips are probably on these new EFI motors with cats.

if you want loud, get 12 inch bullets dumped before the axle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of my exhaust.

I just got simple turndowns put on.

And yes all the Super 40's are Delta Flow equipped.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i got a non delta 40... if you don't like the noise of exhaust, don't get it:read: If he wants it loud, tell him to get a 3inch dump. Thats what i have.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff, theres no way in hell that the Gibson supertruck system is louder than 40 series flows.. my friend and I (same truck/engine) sat there and had a competition and I got destroyed :nono: Although, the supertruck has a nice racey tone that's not very deep and powerful, but nice sounding -- I am just in the mood for something POWERFUL!!

I did notice they're delta flow equipted, but the ad for the Super 40 series also says "less interior noise and deeper exterior noise" -- althought I don't know what flows they're comparing it to..

Matt, nice pics! Looks great.. I may have something like that done.. dunno about duals though.

Once again.. I WANT LOUD!!! :grin:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
yoskater said:
I WANT LOUD!!! :grin:
American Thunder is what u need :evillol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
If he wants loud then tell him to go with flowmaster 1 chambers.I have had those and they are damn loud.Almost as loud as wide open buit it has that flowmaster tone to it.They sounded damn nice

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A couple people have told me to go with American Thunder but I want something new (Super 40 series).. and if I don't get the Flows I think I'm gonna get bullets..

I am going to the Muffler shop Sevenfold recommended today so I'll let you guys know what's happening later on tonight :naughty:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
if you want LOUD you will be dissapointed with the delta flow technology :read:

i had a 1 chamber flow on my last truck, it was no louder than a regular 40 series.

get the 12 inch bullet fool :anitoof:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
or a spintech race muff :anitoof: i need to get one built for me... 1 coil, single in dual out. I want to get pulled over for exhuast :flame: :read:

·
Banned
164 Posts
yoskater said:
Yes! Finally someone with personal experience! Thanks for the reply and welcome to GMfullsize! :cheers:
I told you I had the 50 series and Mac still has the 40 series on his truck now...how do we not have personal experience?
I have vids if you wanna hear it...since u live in so cal we could just meet up somewhere I guess...I have Magnaflow but it isn't as loud as the flows...
You want loud right?
Get a true dual exhaust with TOG headers, Flowmaster cat back with 40 series mufflers and dump it after the axle :read:

·
88&99 fullsize
69 Posts
I have a friend that has the dual super 40 series in his 87 cutlass with a 455. I have the old style 40series in my 88 and my 99 . His car sounds better than both of my trucks. To me the super40 has a much deeper tone to it than the old style.Also their is not as much noise in the cab as with the old style. Don't get me wrong the old 40 still sounds bad but overall I like the super 40 better.Here is the cutlass.
MVC-010F.jpg

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
2k1Sierra said:
I told you I had the 50 series and Mac still has the 40 series on his truck now...how do we not have personal experience?
I have vids if you wanna hear it...since u live in so cal we could just meet up somewhere I guess...I have Magnaflow but it isn't as loud as the flows...
You want loud right?
Get a true dual exhaust with TOG headers, Flowmaster cat back with 40 series mufflers and dump it after the axle :read:
He meant with the super flow 40, not a d/f or original 40 :read:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts