GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I got this thing installed the other day.. and I must say I am very pleased. :bowtie:

Super40Box3.jpg

Super40Box1.jpg

Super40Box.jpg

OldGibson.jpg

Old Gibson Super Truck Muffler..

NewSuper40.jpg

New Flowmaster Super 40 Series Muffler..

Although the muffler has only around 100 miles on it (not broken in yet), I am already loving it.

- It flows SO MUCH better than the Gibson.. so when I take my foot off the pedal.. it actually keeps cruising smoothly instead of holding me back.
- It SO MUCH quieter inside the cab (I forgot what that was like) that I am already having a more comfortable, relaxed drive.
- It still maintains a nice, deep rumble outside
- It performs BETTER than the Gibson.. since some dumbass in a Jag cut me off, so I decided to fly around her and the 18-wheeler infront of her before getting off a freeway exit, it was nice :grin:

VIDEOS THIS WEEKEND! I PROMISE! :anitoof:

-Justin

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
glad you like it :head: cant wait for the videos.

but didnt you say you wanted something louder than what you had? :think:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff said:
glad you like it :head: cant wait for the videos.

but didnt you say you wanted something louder than what you had? :think:
Yeah.. I was going to try this thing out first, and if I'm not satisfied then go with something LOUD (I wouldn't lose any money changing the exhausts). Buuuttt considering this new experience of being able to hear in the cab :wtf:, the nice "quality" sound outside, and the billions of cops around my area that will pull me over in 1 second if I had LOUD ass exhaust.. I'm probably going to stick with this one for a while.

I don't think I want to go with anything louder for now, but we'll see.. I see electric cutouts in the future though (when warranty goes out) :naughty:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1buda said:
I'm interested in a sound clip if you can.. I might be changing mine aswell..
As you probably know mufflers get louder as their worn in.. I can get some sound clips/videos up this weekend for sure, but I know the exhaust sound is gonna change in the days to come :bowtie:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
X2elite said:
Dude how did you talk Cheech into installing it for you. :LOL:

HOLY SHIT!! HAHAHAHAHAH!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :head2:

did you guys share a doobie afterwards?... wheres santiago?... lol

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Exhaust fumes weren't the only things you can smell in that shop.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
whats the difference between original 40 and a super 40? I can't really hear a resonance anymore in my truck b/c of all my dynamatt. Is the super40 louder? I might get another flowey if the spintech muffler costs to much

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
based on flowmasters own description, the super 40 is quieter. i dont think they would lie about that. :crazy: they are trying harder and harder to quiet their stuff down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
whats the difference between original 40 and a super 40? I can't really hear a resonance anymore in my truck b/c of all my dynamatt. Is the super40 louder? I might get another flowey if the spintech muffler costs to much
I think they have a deeper tone than the original 40's. (According to Jegs) I'm glad you like it. I love mine!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
00Silverado said:
Looks good Justin, one question, is there any interior resonance, and if so, at what rpms?
Thanks guys.. David, the interior resonance from the muffler is a big part of what is making me love it so much! There is literally NO resonance at all, it is maybe SLIGHTLY louder than stock exhaust at 1500-2000 RPM's (mainly 1800... cruising speed).

I don't know if it's because the muffler flows so much better, or the dispersal of interior resonance (or both) - but it feels like driving a brand new car, I swear!! It's so much smoother when I push the pedal.. I even let my girlfriend drive it around and she agreed.

2k1silvrdo, the main difference in the Super 40 and the Original 40 is 2 things, new 'technology' for MORE flow and LESS interior resonance. They (I called flowmaster before ordering) said that the Super 40 will be "way louder" than the Original 40.. but I think that guy was wrong - but we'll see in the days to come. Btw, I just came across this Spintech muffler on Ebay ... so check that out.

Videos today or tomorrow :bowtie:

Justin

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
yoskater said:
Thanks guys.. David, the interior resonance from the muffler is a big part of what is making me love it so much! There is literally NO resonance at all, it is maybe SLIGHTLY louder than stock exhaust at 1500-2000 RPM's (mainly 1800... cruising speed).

I don't know if it's because the muffler flows so much better, or the dispersal of interior resonance (or both) - but it feels like driving a brand new car, I swear!! It's so much smoother when I push the pedal.. I even let my girlfriend drive it around and she agreed.
Videos today or tomorrow :bowtie:

Justin
Justin,
glad to hear it doesnt have any interior resonance. I want to switch my muffler out sometime soon, and I dont want anything that resonates. I dont mind if its a bit louder at cruising speed, but I hate the resonance a lot of mufflers have. Wheres the videos? :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
00Silverado said:
Justin,
glad to hear it doesnt have any interior resonance. I want to switch my muffler out sometime soon, and I dont want anything that resonates. I dont mind if its a bit louder at cruising speed, but I hate the resonance a lot of mufflers have. Wheres the videos? :anitoof:

Then you'll love the Super 40 series.. :grin:

I have been looking for my FUCKING CHARGER for my digital video camera all day.. I CAN'T FIND IT!!! :bawl:

But.. I am going to the store right now so I'm gonna take some videos with my Sony Clié (video = not so good, but the sound quality isn't bad at all..). But, when I do find my charger, I'll take some high quality videos :naughty: STAY TUNED!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts