GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Re: Friends truck for sale

Actually it sounds really good for the 4.3. Dump it for sure and it will sound good. Its not high pitched or annoying, and it screams when you are on it. It dont sound like a v8, but it dont sound like a potatoe shooter either. I say go for it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Friends truck for sale

lol thanks a lot. I really didnt want a pissed of weed-wacker on my hands,but it sounds like I can make it work. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
lol... I had a 4.3 for my first truck, and ran duals with glasspacks and it sounded like shit. But in all honesty i dont think his truck sounds bad. Its not a v8 deep sound, but its alot deeper then I thought it would be. Its up to you...

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 70 series on my V6. It has a nice deep rumble at idle and sounds decent all the way to about 3500 rpm. I also have down turns on it. Don't get down turns unless you are fine with interior resonance and lots of exhaust noice. No V6 will ever sound like a V8. I think with any performance muffler, a V6 will sound odd at high rpm's, its just the nature of having an unbalanced engine. I have gotten several compliments on how much it sounds like a V8. For a deep rumble, Flowmaster is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts