GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Eat Yo' Face
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im getting rid of the Blowmaster and i bought the Red Hots muffler from Flowtech. is there anyone else running this on a 5.3? cant get it installed till Saturday so im curious on how it sounds. i plan on just installing the muffler and thats it. no turn downs or anything.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Im pretty sure those are Glass Packs which equals FAIL :imo

Cherry Bomb Extreme or bust

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Nothing wrong with Glass Packs... I enjoy mine without any complaints.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
^Exactly...glasspacks are no different than a Dynomax bullet.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
Eat Yo' Face
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will a turn down mess with the tone? the location i want it now, it will be mounted right underneath the ext-cab area. will it be too loud in the cab?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
I thought you had a Dynomax Bullet...:think:

grizz has the summit house brand bullet

:read:

will a turn down mess with the tone? the location i want it now, it will be mounted right underneath the ext-cab area. will it be too loud in the cab?

No, it will not mess with it. Do NOT put it under the extended cab part. For those that have been in my truck with mine right there know what it's like. The drone is horrible. Doesn't really bother me too much because I'm pretty deaf as it is, but it's really bad. If I had to do it again, I'd put it after the cab for sure.

·
Eat Yo' Face
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i appreciate all of the info. i'll make some footage of the flowmaser vs. the flowtech and post them Saturday or Sunday

p.s i'll also have my 12k hids hooked up as well so plenty of pics to come

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Search around a bit and you can see a video where mine is under the cab. Might give you an idea.

·
Eat Yo' Face
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Arent 12Ks pink??
a buddy of mine ordered them for me and he said they were REALLY blue but when i searched online for 12k hids they came up as blue and purple so i guess it'll be a surprise.:shrug:

·
Eat Yo' Face
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i got the flowtech installed and it is actually a lot quieter compared to the flowmaster 40. i like that its quieter in the cab but not on the outside. now that ive learned from my mistakes, its time to buy the cherry bomb extreme.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts