GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Ryan, I live near the southern most point down here in Key west, florida. It sucks down here as there is no way to get anything custom done without driving more than three hours to the Miami area and then paying retail :pshyco: .

I just purchased an 2004 Silverado after spending most of my life in the f-body realm. I look forward to making some strides in customizing my truck in the next year or so, so Ill look for ya and if you see me, please come and say hello. Thanks all and take care.

Ryan

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Welcome! :gmfs:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Welcome aboard Ryan. Glad you made it over! :shake:

Shackles are in the mail as well :head:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Y2KSierra said:
Got any photos of your T/A? Specs as well?
My old T/A. I got rid of it due to too many issues with it and a growing family.

It has full exhaust and had a heads and cam(224-581-112) package. Basically all the bolt ons. I enjoyed it, but it was definitely time to move on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was my ride, but I have a little one on the way, so it was time to move onto something a little better at moving people and a little more rider friendly as the TA was mildly modified. And the cam was rockin the car from idle all the way to redline. The exhaust left our ears ringing on the shortest rides through town. I miss it, but it was time to get something a little more tame.

I cant wait to do some mods to the truck. It will be a lot more tame than the TA though. Just the basics until the kid can get into it too.

Thanks again for all the welcomes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
:welcome: :gmfs:

and I know that
It sucks down here as there is no way to get anything custom done without driving more than three hours to the Miami area and then paying retail .
But I basically have to do all my own work and have to by the stuff with canadian dollars...ouch...and often I have to special order parts that take weeks to arrive...a 3 hour drive don't sound so bad :rant:

I am sure you will like your 2004

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kryptonite said:
But I basically have to do all my own work and have to by the stuff with canadian dollars...ouch...and often I have to special order parts that take weeks to arrive...a 3 hour drive don't sound so bad :rant:

I am sure you will like your 2004

Well, I hear where you are coming from, but I still cant just run down the road to have something done or pick up parts. I used to live in Cali, had plenty of shops, I knew many custom fabricators/builders and could easily take a 10 minute drive and get shit taken care of. It is very frustrating being somewhere there is nothing like what you are accustomed to.

Just an example, I wanted to get my front windows tinted and a strip on the windshield and I was quoted 75 dollars!!! :wtf: :wtf2: I declined. I can get all the windows tinted back in Cali for 120 dollars. It sucks down here. Im sure its just as bad there in canada. Good luck.

Oh yeah, the 3 hour drive is on a 2 lane road with a max speed of 55 but mostly it is 45mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts