GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, its been a long time since I lowered a truck, 25 years to be exact. I am relatively unfamiliar with shackles. I have an 08 Sierra standard cab, short bed. I am only looking to change the factory rake a bit. I bought the McG 2" shackles. which direction do these get installed? Does the sitffining plate face the axle or the bumper? Since McG doesn't install instructions do not say, my guess is it doesn't matter?

What do you say?:think:

Sometimes dumb questions have to be asked. Go easy on the new guy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, didn't remove the block, I just wanted to level a bit. It is a bit stiffer than stock, but I like the way it handles. Would new shocks even make a difference, or am I always going to feel the stiffness of the leafs?

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
if you felt a difference after the drop, then you could get shock extender brackets, or new shocks. how far are you willing to go? Drop shocks are good economical replacements. but if you want quality then definitely look into bilstein or QA1 shocks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not going any lower. 25 years ago when the mini's were popular, I was ridin an 84 Nissan and getting tossed around everywhere; I have two bad disks in my neck to prove it.

I really have no current experience lowering a full-size. A lot has changed, for the better. This truck is my comfort ride, I just wanted to get rid of some of that rear wheel-well.

Should the shocks be bought according to the drop? 2, 4, 6"?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts