GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MOST UP-TO-DATE INFO NOW ON PAGE 8

I'm not sure how many guys have or use a foam gun here, but figured I'd throw this out there. I just finished testing a new foam gun and can proudly recommend this thing :) The proportioners are changed via 15 different sized tips, each with a different diameter opening to allow the soap/chemical to pass through. This allows you to adjust how much or how little solution is used. I used a slightly larger tip during testing, but would bump it down a little for everyday use to save some product. Foam guns save time when washing, and allow your solution to start working on breaking up surface dirt and pulling it away before you start to wash w/ your mitt. And if for nothing else, they are a blast to use, lol. Makes washing fun :crazy:
Heres whats included and how it works;

Foaming barrel, pistol handle and 48oz container. Simply screw on your pistol handle to any standard garden hose. Pour in your wash solution into the 48oz container. Choose your tip size, and put into base of eductor/barrel, then slide pull hose over it. Screw on the top/barrel. Youre now all set up. Wet down your car, then attach the barrel/container to your pistol handle via quick disconnect. Begin foaming :) Simple as that :head:
Heres some shots of the new foam gun in use.
(pics came out a little screwy, dunno why)

Check Page 8 for current pricing!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a foamgun very similar to this one I bought at AutoGeek, and they work extremely well. The ones Chris is offering looks like a better product than mine, and at about the same price as mine.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
hmmmm... I have one, but its getting a little ragged... might be time for a new one... and at this price its a hell of a deal :hmm:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
might want one..... how do you like them? really worth the 50 bucks?
how much soap does it use per wash?

btw: got my stuff today! thanks....

·
Registered
220 Posts
im in. just let me know when money is due. im a little tight this weekdue to mothers day but id love to get one of these and some soap. let me know

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
might want one..... how do you like them? really worth the 50 bucks?
how much soap does it use per wash?

btw: got my stuff today! thanks....
Personally, I love using the foam gun. I'll let others chime in on how they like theirs though :)

How much soap they use will depend how large of the tip you put in is. Obviously the larger tip is going to waste more product. In general, it will use slightly more soap than putting some in a bucket though. With that being said, I've been using a foam gun for a long time and I havent gone anywhere near close to through my gallon of soap yet since the mid-end of last season and I do a LOT of washing :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im in. just let me know when money is due. im a little tight this weekdue to mothers day but id love to get one of these and some soap. let me know
I guarantee your mom would love to have a foam gun as a mothers day gift :ninja:
Good point about mothers day this wknd though. :stupidme: I'll extend it an additional week and cut it off on the 20th....

We'll get a list going in this thread. If we get enough, I'll contact the group and go over payment, shipping, etc. We can certainly do more than 8 people, I just stopped the # there since thats our target to get this pricing :) I'll put you down as first, if you change your mind, feel free to edit the list. Any other definite yes', just add yourself :shake:

1. o5silverado (w/ bottle of ss&s?)

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
I'm in. Let me know the details.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Personally, I love using the foam gun. I'll let others chime in on how they like theirs though :)

How much soap they use will depend how large of the tip you put in is. Obviously the larger tip is going to waste more product. In general, it will use slightly more soap than putting some in a bucket though. With that being said, I've been using a foam gun for a long time and I havent gone anywhere near close to through my gallon of soap yet since the mid-end of last season and I do a LOT of washing :)
Yea, I love my gun as well. I usually use around 2 ounces or so of soap per wash.. and almost always have enough left to do a small car.. I haven't really put a dent even in my quart yet. I wash my truck at least twice a week usually, with it being black... You know how those are to keep clean...

I'd like to pick up another bottle for the gun and get some of the PB's bug squash, and spray it on as a pre-soak. If the ratio of the highest setting of my gun is 12 oz per gallon, I should be able to just use the PB bug squash without diluting, since the gun should dilute it for me with water, correct?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd like to pick up another bottle for the gun and get some of the PB's bug squash, and spray it on as a pre-soak. If the ratio of the highest setting of my gun is 12 oz per gallon, I should be able to just use the PB bug squash without diluting, since the gun should dilute it for me with water, correct?
yep, you can put it in straight using it that way :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I figured I'd open this up to another small forum I advertise on to help it along the way. Got a couple people so far from there :).

2. cmatt
3. *another forum*
4. *another forum*

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
put me down for one... and one of the 32" super suds :D

so you use the gun and get the car soapy... is there a bypass switch or so where you can get the water only to rinse it off?

my only concern... is depending on when you ship these, im not sure ill know which address to use for my mailing address since im in the middle of a move

just tell me what you need to me do to take care of my order

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
put me down for one... and one of the 32" super suds :D

so you use the gun and get the car soapy... is there a bypass switch or so where you can get the water only to rinse it off?

my only concern... is depending on when you ship these, im not sure ill know which address to use for my mailing address since im in the middle of a move

just tell me what you need to me do to take care of my order
You got it bro... got ya down.

the way you get water only is by disconnecting the container/foamer. It simply hooks/unhooks by a quick disconnect. Simple really. :cheers:

2. cmatt
3. *another forum*
4. *another forum*
5. Anthony (w/ bottle of ss&s)

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Damnit Chris, you got me again.... I'm in...

Like everyone else, just let me know what you need done and I'll get on it.

Do you have any rough estimates on timing/shipping as soon as you get enough people? It's probably to hard to tell, which is totally not a problem, just thought I would ask.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damnit Chris, you got me again.... I'm in...

Like everyone else, just let me know what you need done and I'll get on it.

Do you have any rough estimates on timing/shipping as soon as you get enough people? It's probably to hard to tell, which is totally not a problem, just thought I would ask.
haha.. sorry :) I should have a good idea of how many people are going to be in by early next week. I'll try to place the order by mid/end of week and hopefully I'll have them here ready to ship out before memorial day wknd.

2. cmatt
3. *another forum*
4. *another forum*
5. Anthony (w/ bottle of ss&s)
6. shsportsfan12

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So its 50 bucks just for the device? Doesnt come with anything else? If it does sorry I missed that
yea, regular price is 50 bux, but gb price will be 44.

And the price is just for the foam gun, which includes the container, eductor/base, and pistol nozzle to attach to garden hose which has the quick disconnect to remove/attach to the foamer.

shipping costs are going to be added, but that will vary on where you live obviously.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
yea, regular price is 50 bux, but gb price will be 44.

And the price is just for the foam gun, which includes the container, eductor/base, and pistol nozzle to attach to garden hose which has the quick disconnect to remove/attach to the foamer.

shipping costs are going to be added, but that will vary on where you live obviously.
ehhh I think Ill pass, Im not THAT lazy. But it would be nice to have

1 - 20 of 232 Posts