GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm about to order up some new HID stuff, cause my fogs are out and my lows are shit. My question is in the lenses, what can I do for replacement fogs? Lenses specifically. I'm going to put 55w 8000k's in them. Mine are all shit, and get condensation, etc. Right now they're the factory (I think) 3" round fogs.

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, Just looked them up. The 60 bucks per lens is outrageous, BUT, its .76 cents more for the left one, wtf???

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're running HID's, get the fogs from ebay. I WRECKED my oems with my HIDs, the bulb is too long, and it melted the plastic :pissed:

That way, if you fuck them up, you won't be out $120

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...ies?hash=item27ab58248b&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245
It melted them? Jesus, I had SS Ultra's in there before I think... Didn't seem to melt them. Cracked the shit out of my Projector housings tho.

How shitty are those ebay ones? They seal ok?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Whenever you get aftermarket light housings, you ALWAYS should run a extra bead of silicone around them to prevent leaks. Just in case.

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whenever you get aftermarket light housings, you ALWAYS should run a extra bead of silicone around them to prevent leaks. Just in case.
Will do. I just ordered some clear corner lenses the other day, should I do those too?

55W is going to have a hell of a glare in fogs.
Yeah, the 35's glared enough, but I live in the sticks so I'm not too concerned. They're off when I'm in town.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
rofl, just ordered up another set! I go through a set of fog lenses per year. :jester: fucking HOT hids, thought they were supposed to run cooler.

Oh well, ebay has them for $23.42 each.

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rofl, just ordered up another set! I go through a set of fog lenses per year. :jester: fucking HOT hids, thought they were supposed to run cooler.

Oh well, ebay has them for $23.42 each.
Mine are shot again as well, nice hole right in the middle of the lenses. I'm going to order up new HID's shortly and started looking into the fogs again - found a couple different options...

1) Try the 25w ballasts from Spencer, but actual output is my concern there.

2) There was a thread on here somewhere, or maybe over at DTC (I'll come back and post a link) showing size-correct projector fog housing WITHOUT fucking halo's. Might try those...

Edit, found the thread:

Thread: http://denalitrucks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24587

Projector's: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVERSAL-P1-HID-H8-H10-H11-CLEAR-PROJECTOR-FOG-LIGHTS-/310269834687?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483d85f5bf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts