GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the way the 1990-93 454SS have the fog lights in the air dam below the front bumper and would like to have them on my truck. Has anyone just carefully cut some holes in the standard factory air dam and fitted some rectangular driving lights through them? I am interested in doing this because I am afraid that the dealership will charge highly for the 454SS front air dam. Any comments, opinions, and insights are welcome.

Or, I have an air dam that has the rectangluar/oval holes pre-cut in it for factory tow hooks. Do yall think it would be better to use that one and find some driving lights that would fit nicely in there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did exactly what you are talking about. I can give ya more pics if interested.

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I am talkin' about!!! :D Those look like factory installed fog lights. What kind of lights are those; manufacturer, model, etc.? Also, where did you bolt them to the truck? If you could get some close-up shots showing how they fit in the openings and how they are bolted to the truck, that would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
YOu are in luck. Basically just went to pep boys and picked up some rectangle lights, I think they were pilot, no more than 45 and I honestly think they were about 45. Kinda lik 1055 and 1062 in the link below. Run to Pepboys, you'll find one similar.

http://www.accessconnect.com/pilot2.htm

Switch

Mounting

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
agreif, You are the man! Thanks so much for the helpfulness of your posts. Very clean installation, inside and out. :head:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts