GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've had trouble with my drivers fog light and clear corner fogging up. So today I looked closely at the fog and noticed it had about an inch of water in it, so we took it off and noticed the lens was loose from the housing .... I popped the lens off easily and was going to clean out the housing .. big mistake :bawl: .. all the silvering in the housing came out.

Any one ever had anything like this happen? I was thinking of seeing if I could spray the housing with chrome paint and then clear silicone the lens back on .. anyone think this would work?

Also, just so I can see, anyone have the part numbers for the factory fog lights? I don't even know how much these suckers cost.

As for my clear corner, I looked closely at it and inside is moisture and the damn silvering on it is flaking off too :pissed: .. I didn't even touch it. It's not as bad as the fog light and I will just have to replace them later.

Right now I'm running no fog lights, took the other one off and tied the wiring up till I get a fix.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I can't believe the silvering in the OEM fogs would do that...but i don't really know what to tell u....maybe u can find someone that has just the one fog ur needing and wants to give it away for a fair price...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RedneckDude said:
I can't believe the silvering in the OEM fogs would do that...but i don't really know what to tell u....maybe u can find someone that has just the one fog ur needing and wants to give it away for a fair price...
I looked at eBay, $83 for the set plus shipping. They had just a drivers (the side I need) for $55, no thanks! .... I'm gonna try to fix it on my own, but at least I know it wont cost more than a hundred for 2 new ones.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my new fog lights I bought from Josh installed today, look great :rocking: ... glad to finally have them back.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
bcubed said:
Got my new fog lights I bought from Josh installed today, look great :rocking: ... glad to finally have them back.
badass! :head:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts