GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know I'm not the only one that this has happened to, because it happened to my buddy before he got rid of his '01 Sierra.

My problem is, the latch on the console doesn't work. I can push on it, wiggle it up and down, and after a minute of doing that, it pushes in far enough to open. But it won't work by simply pushing on it. Anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
39 Posts
its a lil white plastic thing in there that is stuck. its about an inch or so long and about a 1/4 inch round. what it does is it supposed to roll free for when you raise the armrest its locked so it cant open, and then roll down and out the way when the arm rest is down to unlock it. you may have to look in there with a flashlight and a long skinny screwdriver to try and release it or shoot some lube in there and beat the top and bottom with your hands a little to try and knock it loose

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an '01 2500, mine wouldn't open either. I srayed some WD-40, once I did get it open, in the latch part and the part on the lid, been great ever since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I know I'm not the only one that this has happened to, because it happened to my buddy before he got rid of his '01 Sierra.

My problem is, the latch on the console doesn't work. I can push on it, wiggle it up and down, and after a minute of doing that, it pushes in far enough to open. But it won't work by simply pushing on it. Anyone else had this happen?
yes. This has happened to me on a 95 Dodge Ram. I'm certain it has something to do with the mechanism that will lock the top from opening when the console is in the raised position. To lower the console I kneel on the seat facing the back of the truck and I place my left knee on the left lower front corner of the consoles cushion and press towards the rear of the truck with my knee the console then comes down without a care in the world. I have yet to properly fix it because this work so well for me. I am sure once I open it up a little bit of silicone lubricant will take care of any plastic piece that is hanging up. you will be happy to know that I repeated this on similar problems on otherDodge Ram trucks.

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,740 Posts
I have an '01 2500, mine wouldn't open either. I srayed some WD-40, once I did get it open, in the latch part and the part on the lid, been great ever since.
That's how I got my (original) lid working. Sprayed it then popped the latch hard with my palm. Worked great until I replaced it (broken plastic from getting in and out *elbow).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts