GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured you guys would prob want some pics of this. Last week I was hit by a 15 year old with no license driving a early 90's red suburban. I just thought you HD owners would like to see how your trucks hold up to a head on collison, I saw him coming so was almost stopped but he was probably going around 30 mph. Anyway before you get too mad like i was, what calmed me down a bit was the fact im not paying for anything and i get a new grill,bumper, brushguard, fender, and a new tire because the bumper gouged most of my outer treads. My grill and shell were all beat up from rocks and bushed from the desert, and i could always use another spare tire. And if your wondering yes his truck/suv was a lot worse than mine :evillol: .

truck3.gif

truck2.gif

truck1.gif

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
nice truck man, glad its turning out good. I wish someone would hit the hell out of my stepside for me so i can get a fleetside heh

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Time to get a ranchand full front replacement :anitoof:

I would love to see what it would done then.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Looks like the truck took it good! Well at least you get new stuff :head:

Dark Eternal said:
Time to get a ranchand full front replacement :anitoof:

I would love to see what it would done then.
:LOL::word:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elegalR1der said:
dam...your truck doesnt even look like it was in a head on collision
hehe yea the brush guard took most of the beating and softened the beating for my front end. It sure did tear up that guys grill ,fender,hood, and i had to pick up peices of his window outa the cracks. :slap:

On a side note. I was thinking about putting a locker and new gears in the rear end. Either an electric or air locker which ever would be cheapest and im not sure whats the right gear ratio or locker to get. I dono if this helps but its an automatic with OD. Oh yea and im running 38's

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
What rearend does it have? If it's the 10.5 or 11.5" rearend your not going to find an elocker or air locker for it. Besides, selectable is kind of worthless in the rear, a detroit is the best thing to get in my opinion.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not sure what the rear end is im still a newb when it comes to learning offroad stuff. Whenever I get it back fromt he shope whats the easiest way to tell? And which detriot are you talking about. Its more of a daily driver and goes offroad about every other month so are you thinking EZ locker?

·
6,656 Posts
the 10.5 or 11.5 is the size of the ring gear. If you have the 8.1 or the duramax you have the 11.5. If you want to double check you can look at teh housing and if the bottom has a bump comming off the bottom (looking for better word but one isnt commign to mind) you have the 11.5", the "bump" is where the housing is bigger for the larger ring gear.

About the locker im assuming hes talking about the good ol detroit locker, not the EZ locker

http://www.reiderracing.com/detroitlocker.htm

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its the 6.0l gas. When i get it back ill take a look and then if im still a dumbass ill come back expecting you and willy to tell me many things to do that i wont understand. :anitoof:

·
6,656 Posts
KoTToN said:
Its the 6.0l gas. When i get it back ill take a look and then if im still a dumbass ill come back expecting you and willy to tell me many things to do that i wont understand. :anitoof:
Im not 100%, but I am pretty sure all 6.0s have the 10.5" The only exceptions might be if you have a snow plow package or something like that.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its a 6" RCD lift with some CST tb keys to crank it up to 8". I also put a 3" body lift on it and took the blocks out of the back and installed 8" deaver sleaf springs, and brock no there wasnt any damage that i could see to the suspension.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so i did some researching and found out that my rear end is 10.5". Could someone tell me what a reasonable price would be to get it regeared to maybe 5.13 and have a detriot locker put in.

·
6,656 Posts
What size tires do you want to run? 5.13 is a pretty deep gear... I am running it with my 42s....

The ring and pinion should be under 200
master instal kit - 100
locker - 400
labor 200ish

should be 800-900 if you find a place with decent prices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts