GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 20" SS rims on my truck for about 2 weeks now with the stock goodyear eagle LS2's 275/45/20. I went from my stock rims and with Goodyear Wrangler 265/75/16's and as expected my mileage dropped. I'm still on my original tank of gas and havent done my mileage yet. My question to you guys with 20's and tires around my size is what kind of mpg drop did you experience after you put on your rims and tires from stock. BTW I drive like a grandma and do about 75 percent highway at 70mph every day. Mods are in sig

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I drive all highway but I average about 90 mph. I get 18 mpg with my 265/75/16's and about 16.5 with my 285/50/20's

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
i didnt have hardly any drop of mileage that i could tell:imo 275/45/20 arent much taller than stock tires. they pick up only a slightly larger amount of distance per revolution of the wheel (.8") . what size engine do you have? i could imagine if you have a 4.3 the wheels can add more drag on your bottom end but not much other than that:imo...not unless they're extremely heavy wheels.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
You went from 16's to 20's ...........did you re calibrate your speedo
You're an idiot. Sorry, but that comment justifies me saying that.

1,798 Posts
my gas mileage dropped around 2mpg, (on a vortec 5.0) went from a 275/60/15 to 275/45/20 so my over all tire diameter went up but the spinning weight also went up,

·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My engine is the 5.3 and 3.73's in back. I was comin out of the fire station the other day and the cops set up a speed clocking where it shows you your speed so I decided to see how off it was before I sent my tune back in 2 get recalibrated and it was only like 2mph off therefore I'm not gonna send it out because its not too far off and I'm lazy

·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OOPS... i totally forgot that I dont have a sig on this site LOL sorry guys. I gotta get someone to do a sig for me once I get everything together.

·
Registered
381 Posts
From what I remember reading here if I am remembering right, your speedo will be off by a larger amount the faster you end up going. Might want to haul ass through sign again and check it at a higher rate of speed. Just makesure the sign doesnt have a camera attached ;)

·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what your saying is if I'm going 70, I'm actually going faster..maybe 74 ,75? I usually try every chance I get to drive by the speed signs but havent been able to find any lately.

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
I lost 1mpg consistently going from my escalade wheels with 255/60/17's to my centerlines with 275/40/20's... your driving habits make more of a difference than the wheels do :imo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts