GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeap. You read it. I got 3 PowerBass Xtreme 15s in a large vented box. They are all dual 1 ohm, and I have them series parallel wired to 1.5 ohms. They slam. They take up more room than necessary. They shake the dirt off my truck, and causes severe roof flexing. If you want to purchase, it's gonna cost. Crazy Ralph (local dealer, and best prices) sold these subs for $349 each. The box was $400. So, add it up. Thats over $1400 worth of BANG. If sold, I want $700, obo. As for trade, I want a downfire box with 2-12s. I want 2 good quality subs. This would be a cheaper route in most cases, I'll trade, straight up. Let me know.

PBX15s2s.gif

PBX15s1s.gif

PBX15s5s.gif

·
Never Satisfied
114 Posts
haha never satisfied...like usual, you just got rid of two downfire subs!! BTW, i dont miss that box one bit! way too much noise for me, but it sounded damn good. good luck with the sale!!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
you wouldnt happen to have a 1000 watt amp laying around would you? or something around 1000 watts

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can vouch for him here...checked it out at a meet we had and this setup FUCK KING SLAMS. good luck bro

That was my JBL GTOs on my Orion 250 HCCA.

These subs move 4 times more, take 3 times the power, and weigh more than double.

The amp...well, its like 4 of my 250s, lol.

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha never satisfied...like usual, you just got rid of two downfire subs!! BTW, i dont miss that box one bit! way too much noise for me, but it sounded damn good. good luck with the sale!!

Just got rid of? LMAO. That was like, end of April. I change usually twice a year.:crazy:

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
I got 2 12" audiobahn 700rms subs a piece in a probox if interested..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
how many watts do those subs take...very interested!

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nobody wants a DAMN good deal on these? Come on guys. You know you wanted an ext. cab JUST FOR SOUND.

Just admit. You rather have that bazooka 8 from wally world, and you think its about to blow because that 200 watt road gear amp is too much.

(I hope not)

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Upper 140s when it was on my Orion 250 HCCA. They say a good ear barely notices a 3dB gain. I noticed the gain when I put the 2100 on them. HUGE diffrence.

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
$1750.
Subs and all 5 orion HCCA amps.
3-225s, a 250, and a 2100.

800 w (1 ohm mono 225)
800 w (1 ohm mono 225)
800 w (1 ohm mono 225)
1200 w (1 ohm mono 250)
XXXX w (2100, you dont want to bring her low. She's mean.)

add that up. Your alt. wont take it. But....the amps are good for any form of abuse you want to dish out. I have had ALL of these amps playing for extended periods at 1/2 ohm or lower with absolutely NO problems. The 2100 has a constant-run cooling fan in the center of the housing, so she can run 1/4 ohm for hours. I know. If my 250 can run 1/2 ohm on top a probox under the seat, with the seat on top of it, for 6 hours when i was driving.....I know the 2100 will run MUCH longer, and cooler.

Incase you young guys dont know...do research on the 'original' HCCA amps.

HCCA = High Current Competition Amplifier.

These were the last of Orion's amps that were built "Military-Spec".

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2 subs of good quality in a box (under seat of ext. cab) and I'll trade my 3-15s in their box. Straight up. No cash involved.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts